Rapid Balding - Depression - No One To Talk Too

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just joined the community but been browsing over a few weeks.

I felt that I needed to post as I cant really talk to anyone about how I truly feel about my situation. I really and truly feel depressed and I am trying to find the courage to get my head around this.

I am 27 years old black guy and I have dramatically lost hair/ thinned over the last 3 months. At the start of the year I had a line, but over the last 3 months it my hair has gone from the temples to now a making way V shape. I have been horrified about this and as I cut my hair shot all the time like 1mm, I need a line and hair on my head to look good because, I have a crazy egg shaped head with a kind of ramp, so looking bald is gonna look crazy. anyways after looking back at old photos, I have only realised now that my hair has been thinning over the last two years but ofcouse the last 3 months been crazy. i also noticed the my left temple was slightly receded but only slighty by looking at the pictures and I was so shocked because I only noticed this say in April/May and I always look at my hair in the mirror. Also the start of the year my barber said my back top head was thinning but I thought its something that happens. I have been growing my hair for 3 weeks then cutting it, growing for 3 weeks then cutting it, but this time went I went back to the barbers he even asked me if I was sick but the back of my head was so thin, he was even surprised how quick this was.
I recently started taking vitamin tablets so I went doctors for a blood test and everything came normal. even if I did have a deficiency it would not have been noticed now due to this. although I think I did due to a very restricted low calorie diet and low protein intake.

In the last 5 months I had been working out and loosing a lot of weight to look good for holidays, some say now I'm too thin. I know this probably accelerated things (low calorie diet and low protein intake for doing insanity type exercises).

Right now I am in the most depressed stage of my life and I truly dont know how to get out of it. I can only go to work at the moment and I havent met up with a few friends for months, ive been out here or there. I cant find it to look at myself in the mirror and I have stopped talking to any girls or tried to approach any. I know life sucks right now and I should be alpha etc, but i feel this is the one thing that has damaged me. I am all about self improvement, not a cocky person but trying to make myself look and feel better in this hypergamus world. This has been on my mind 24/7 and I dont know who else to share this with. my motivation and thought process is so low right now. I am meant to be doing many productive things but I cant, even if i do see friends I get jealous of their hair, I hardly look at posts on snapchat because of how I feel. right now life sucks and I know that I have to skin my head in the next couple months because with afro hair, you cant grow it out and do much with it. my self-esteem has gone out the window, and believe ive had some tough times in my life but this is the worst. I look forward to going to sleep and dread waking up!

sorry for writing such a long winded post but I dont know who else to confide it. this has happened to quickly for me even to have time to adjust. it was just my birthday in may and apart from the tiniest bald patch on the left line which I never noticed until one day thinking about laser treatment to remove excess hairs, I had a line!!!!... this world is so cruel

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why haven’t u tried any meds yet if u care much about ur hair?

I would prefer not to put any drugs in my system but where my hair line has gone and the temples so quickly I feel that it is too late to take any. maybe If i noticed the overall thinning and signs last year or year before then I might have. it just seems as though I need to shave it but I am just dreading how it would be

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would prefer not to put any drugs in my system but where my hair line has gone and the temples so quickly I feel that it is too late to take any. maybe If i noticed the overall thinning and signs last year or year before then I might have. it just seems as though I need to shave it but I am just dreading how it would be

Start on Minoxidil and nizoral right now and see a doctor to discuss Finasteride 1MG. You still have time to possibly reverse things.

HLV

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that bro. You are not the only one going through that. Feel free to PM if you need someone to talk.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you said you think you have an odd shaped head but is it really that bad? Would shaving it be the worst? You have that advantage being black. Us more fairer skinned brethren usually dont have the ability. you could try the big 3 and see if you get any recovery. It might not be TOO late.

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start on Minoxidil and nizoral right now and see a doctor to discuss Finasteride 1MG. You still have time to possibly reverse things.

HLV

I've been referred to the dermatologist but that's going to take like 10 weeks and how I lost so much hair in the like couple weeks is crazy.

I've looked at pics over the last 2 months and it's ridiculous. I've lost density over the last couple years but it wasn't noticeable. The line wasn't noticeable either but now it's literally nearly gone and density is sparse. I'll go back to the Doctor.

I feel this weightloss has made it worse and it's might be too late.

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you said you think you have an odd shaped head but is it really that bad? Would shaving it be the worst? You have that advantage being black. Us more fairer skinned brethren usually dont have the ability. you could try the big 3 and see if you get any recovery. It might not be TOO late.

Well it's looking like I might have to shave it. But it's going to be a shock. Earlier this year my hair density was okay and I had a line to midway/end of the year I'm bald.

I'm considering to jump on the big 3 but I don't think I want to take any drugs man. I'll have to think about it. I want hear for at least a couple years but the line and hair looks stupid now so it might be better I shave.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think losing weight or any other bullshit is causing it. Get on finasteride NOW. Those hairs that you just lost, the follicles are not dead yet, but they will be. If it takes 10 weeks, find another derm in your network that will be sooner. And don't f*** around on these lunatic forums, you'll end up not on finasteride due to these basement dwellers n friday night tv dinner eaters telling you your dick will be broken, etc.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're too scared to take drugs like finasteride make sure to get yourself a transplant (or SMP) so you can at least have a decent hairline, helped me a lot but I'm white with straight hair.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're too scared to take drugs like finasteride make sure to get yourself a transplant (or SMP) so you can at least have a decent hairline, helped me a lot but I'm white with straight hair.

Transplants are not for every type of hairloss, brosky.

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think losing weight or any other bullshit is causing it. Get on finasteride NOW. Those hairs that you just lost, the follicles are not dead yet, but they will be. If it takes 10 weeks, find another derm in your network that will be sooner. And don't f*** around on these lunatic forums, you'll end up not on finasteride due to these basement dwellers n friday night tv dinner eaters telling you your dick will be broken, etc.

I thought that might have accelerated it even more since I was basically on a 800-1000 calorie intake per day after factoring high intensity workout and bulking. Plus I know my protein intake was nowhere near enough.

I'm considering taking it. It's not more of what people report the side effects because I'll jump off it if it happens. It's just more that I try to stay away from most things synthetic. But if it can help hold me out for a few years. I'll try alongside needling.

But thanks for the advice.

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
justinbieberscombover
disfiguredyoungman

I would get a transplant, my friend got one but I feel that my hair quality won't enable me to get one or I don't think I'd have a good donor site. Overall my hair looks bad.

SMP is and option but I'll probably get that alongside a transplant if it was possible. Or after taking meds for a year, and see what stability I have. Or just make sure I can get a hairline as I cut it low anyway.

I'm looking into starting with nizarol and then probably min. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Blacktide54

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my hair has got worse over the last 2 weeks so I've decided to buy the big 3 from an online pharmacy until I wait to see the derm through NHS. I've checked the prices around and they cost about 250£ for consultation and another 150£ for a scalp analysis which is too expensive. Also I didn't want them to try sell me anything just for the sake of it.

I will take min and nizarol for sure but I'm still thinking about taking finasteride for now. I spoke to someone who studies hair a lot and they said it's quite unusual how quick my hairs thinning/falling out. So if I was to take the big 3 and let's say there was a different underlying issue that my derm spots, would the fact that I've taken them effect anything?