ransplanting bacteria from the bowel of one person to another could be a radical new way to treat alopecia areata.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Below text if from here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ss-youll-need-strong-stomach-tolerate-it.html

Anyone more information on this?

Transplanting bacteria from the bowel of one person to another could be a radical new way to treat alopecia areata.

A clinical trial is under way at Columbia University in the U.S., involving 40 alopecia patients, after reports of sudden hair growth in those who had the transplant.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is far from good news for XY's and like Telogen Effluvium, we might soon have guys praying to have areata which is sort of baldness that is nothing like Telogen Effluvium. Instead it is patchy and can be very close to no hair or looking like doll hair with much of it torn out. Virtually anything in our bowels or liver seems cause for hope. We all take crap in our daily lives, why not consume some more. Even the Romans only put urine and crap on their heads rather than consume it but I get that this is all done sanitary-like and all. Since under one percent of us on here have areata or seemingly even Telogen Effluvium, it's probably not great comfort but definitely worth more research. It would be just like male pattern baldness to make us eat sh*t or take female hormones to stymie our hair loss. No pain, no gain we say.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is far from good news for XY's and like Telogen Effluvium, we might soon have guys praying to have areata which is sort of baldness that is nothing like Telogen Effluvium. Instead it is patchy and can be very close to no hair or looking like doll hair with much of it torn out. Virtually anything in our bowels or liver seems cause for hope. We all take crap in our daily lives, why not consume some more. Even the Romans only put urine and crap on their heads rather than consume it but I get that this is all done sanitary-like and all. Since under one percent of us on here have areata or seemingly even Telogen Effluvium, it's probably not great comfort but definitely worth more research. It would be just like male pattern baldness to make us eat sh*t or take female hormones to stymie our hair loss. No pain, no gain we say.

I tend to agree. One - two years ago if you had areata you were exactly where we are today.

Then out of the blue they have solutions coming to market (jak inhibitors). Fingers crossed we’re next.

eivbisi

My Regimen
Reaction score
alopecia areata is an autoinmune disease, fecal transplants are well known to help in most(if not all) autoinmune diseases

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think more people suffer from hairloss causes other than androgens than likely diagnosed, which can possibly explain why antiandrogen treatment is ineffective for them.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tend to agree. One - two years ago if you had areata you were exactly where we are today.

This is you after two years:

donord.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean?

You were saying things might sometimes come "out of the blue". In the meantime, people are gonna have FUEs, and not benefit from the upcoming solutions. For instance you're gonna need something better than hair revuvenation (Hairclone's first treatment if your donor looks like this.

Janey: I'm not talking about the scars. I'm talking about the depleted donor. This is just a random image from the internet.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You were saying things might sometimes come "out of the blue". In the meantime, people are gonna have FUEs, and not benefit from the upcoming solutions. For instance you're gonna need something better than hair revuvenation (Hairclone's first treatment if your donor looks like this.
Are those healed fringe scars?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Janey: I'm not talking about the scars. I'm talking about the depleted donor. This is just a random image from the internet.
Sure but what’s that got to do with this threads context?

Either way, I feel this, I have a FUT scar and a bringing vertex and it gives me the shits.

I really just want to shave my head but can’t. That said Joe Rogan did. He’s a good inspiration.

My options until a new innovation happens are:
- do nothing and rock the comb over and hope that oral min starts working
- shave + SMP
- shave + no SMP
- get another FUT

I won’t be making the choice lightly.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure but what’s that got to do with this threads context?

Either way, I feel this, I have a FUT scar and a bringing vertex and it gives me the shits.

I really just want to shave my head but can’t. That said Joe Rogan did. He’s a good inspiration.

- shave + SMP
- shave + no SMP
- get another FUT

I won’t be making the choice lightly.
You've got it then. Check on the SMP because I get the willies about that and it might be not the best method for some people.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very interesting because the year my stomach went to hell is also when my hair started falling out. Never lost a hair in my life before that

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- shave + SMP
- shave + no SMP
- get another FUT

-Get a cleaner scar with newer/better surgeons? (A. K. A. strip scar revision, whose purpose is not the same as FUT harvesting per se.)

Last edited:

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is hair now? Using finasteride again?
Hair is thicker on top and the crown right now than it was on finasteride because I don't shed nearly as much hair as I used to. But hairline and temple points have been damaged since quitting finasteride unfortunately. It's been about 2 years since I've quit. I'm considering going back on at a microdose to start so my hair doesn't start shedding rapidly from the 1mg standard dose.