Rank in order of effectiveness?

ned flanders

Reaction score
looking for opinions on how you would rank the proper treatments from best to worst. Laser therapy, rogaine, finasteride, dutasteride. All opinions are greatly appreciated

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use LLLT everyday. It's certainly not a miracle treatment, but it does help. It stimulates the scalp and helps to improve the quality of hair. I wouldn't use it for hair regrowth, that's for Minoxidil which I use as well. Dutasteride and Finasteride are definitely the top treatments because they target the main cause of Androgenetic Alopecia, which is Scalp DHT. Ketoconazole is helpful, it has a lot of healthy properties in fighting hair loss, I use it to help keep my scalp healthy. Here's how I would rank the treatments in the order of effectiveness:

1)Dutasteride
2)Finasteride
3)Ketoconazole
4)Minoxidil
5)LLLT

That's my order of effectiveness when it comes to stopping the cause of male pattern baldness related problems.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
1)Nofap
2)dutasteride
3)finasteride
4)minoxidil
5)Keto
6)LLLT(maybe)

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
1)Nofap
2)dutasteride
3)finasteride
4)minoxidil
5)Keto
6)LLLT(maybe)

1) Healthy diet
2) Not wearing a cap
3) No tight ponytails
4) Nofap
5) Laser helmet.
6) Stop smoking
7) wig

Ok seriously:
1) dutasteride
2) finasteride
3) RU
4) keto 1% shampoo
5) minoxidil for regrowth

massa

Banned
Reaction score
1)lying upside down
2)rubbing nails together
3)biotin
4) argan oil
5) no fap
6) lasers

- - - Updated - - -

No 1 best treatment though is chopping off balls

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Chopping won't work coz your AR have already started bitchin........Although i would say to try some oral spironolactone with any growth simulant like minoxidil or topical cet.....

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Dutasteride
2) Finasteride
3) Minoxidil
4) Ketoconazole 2%
5) Azelaic acid

ned flanders

Reaction score
Why was laser therapy FDA approved if the consensus was it doesnt work? Does going to the hair clinic with the higher power laser work some and the lasercomb level does not?

- - - Updated - - -

I havam fore never used Ketoconazole. is it used as a topical solution or shampoo? thanks for all the responses

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why was laser therapy FDA approved if the consensus was it doesnt work? Does going to the hair clinic with the higher power laser work some and the lasercomb level does not?

- - - Updated - - -

I havam fore never used Ketoconazole. is it used as a topical solution or shampoo? thanks for all the responses

Fda CLEARED for safety.... Not fda approved for efficacy

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys are forgetting the newest innovation in hair loss prevention, cold shower

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1: a*** minoxidil
2: a*** spironolactone
3: a*** whatever else that works

p.s.: a certain Japanese forum poster would be the expert here :D

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, seriously:

1: Dutasteride
2: Finasteride
3: RU58841
4: Nizoral
5: Minoxidil
6: Topical spironolactone

And that's about it in terms of what we currently have available that is able to actually work to some extent or other as a male pattern baldness treatment.