Random's Story <with pictures>

G

Heya all..

Brief description of myself; 19 years old and have been thinning/receeding for as long as I can remember (at least 15, 16).

In the past couple of years my temples have shot up but that didnt't really bother me.... but when my scalp became clearly visible then I started to worry :-S

Then it was the turn of the sideburns; they all died as well. Fx this I thought, and got myself on finasteride and min.

I've been on finasteride and min for almost three whole months now. On the bad side I am still receeding :( and thinning :(

random32_9.jpg

as you can see there and

random32_11.jpg

on the plus side I no longer shed hairs like a snowstorm... before I started on the finasteride/min everytime I shook my hair arbout a thousand hairs fell out. No more! So althought it looks as bad as ever; I don't seem to be losing them any more.

Thanks for reading and il keep you posted!

G

i gotta say though... my hair *does* feel better

although it looks as crap as ever, it feels stronger and not as fragile as it used to

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep using finasteride. Even if you don't see regrowth, you have a good chance of keeping the rest of your hair. Cheer up, you still have a lot of hair. You might want to add Minoxidil to your regiment. I started out a lot like you, thinning in the temple areas. I used finasteride for almost 2 years and lost virtually no hair. Like a fool, I stopped using finasteride to try laser therapy since I wasn't seeing any regrowth in my temples or crown area. The people at the place I was going to told me that I should ween off finasteride and let the laser therapy do the regrowth. Bad, bad decision. I lost quite a bit of hair after I stopped taking the finasteride, and the laser therapy did absolutely nothing. If I could go back in time, I would never have stopped taking finasteride, which I'm now back on after having a hair transplant late last year. My younger brother is starting to thin the same way I started, and I'm begging him to learn from my mistake and start taking finasteride. He keeps telling me that he hates Rogaine because it leaves his head feeling greasy. Trust me, keeping your hair is worth the greasy scalp. As I said before, your hair looks just fine as it is right now. Don't worry so much about regrowing the little bit you've lost as you should worry about keeping what you have. When I was in my early 20's, my way of thinking was "screw maintaining my hair, that's not good enough. I want to look like I'm 17 again." I'm 28 now, and I would be perfectly happy looking like I did in my early 20's when I first started noticing loss. I'm trying to get my younger brother to understand this so that he doesn't end up not using Propecia continuously and regretting it like I do.

Cassin

Reaction score
Random

Have you thought of cutting your hair short? Judging from what I can tell you seem to have a narrow head (like me) and receders like us tend to pull of the short hair look very well.

/ex long hair guy.......*sigh*

G

Yes but Cassin im scared! My hair is fairly long so if I comb it properly I can get away with looking ok. CUtting it however.... that would give the game away :(

On a better note I definitly think finasteride is working. Althought my hair is still thinning; the hairs look & feel 'stronger'; if I tug my hair big batches dont fall out like they used to.

Saw some friends haven't seen for ages today, one of their first comments was to remark how my hair looks better (though they may have been polite..)