Random Hair Thinning/shedding And Change In Texture? Start Of male pattern baldness Or Stress Related Hair Loss?

saimee10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

For the past few weeks I’ve noticed I have been losing much more hair daily then expected. I know that every loses a bit of hair daily, but for me the rate has doubled, especially when I comb, take a shower, or massage my scalp, I will see like 40 hair strands fall out.

Accompanied with this is also thinner hair, less density, and change in texture.

My hair is curly so my scalp is usually covered, but when its windy, or I part my hair, you can see little bald patches everywhere.

My hairline still seems alright, although not the same as when i was 17 (im 21 now), since my temples have thinned quite a bit.

Is this hairloss across my scalp and change in hair quality a sign of male pattern baldness, or is it related to stress/hormones/bad haircare practices or something? I seem to be in good health and am not taking anything, aside from tretinoin cream to help with acne.

I only want to know as I am willing to hop onto finasteride and minoxidil right away if need be.

Note: I used imgur for photos, as then I can show you before/ after pics.

Last edited:

El_Rizado

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a doctor and tell them what you've noticed. A change in hair texture as well as sudden hairloss can by a symptom of deficiencies, hormonal balances or other issues like thyroid or digestive problems. Better to rule something else out first before taking hair medications you might not even need...

saimee10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a doctor and tell them what you've noticed. A change in hair texture as well as sudden hairloss can by a symptom of deficiencies, hormonal balances or other issues like thyroid or digestive problems. Better to rule something else out first before taking hair medications you might not even need...
Hey, I did. Apparently I am in good health according to my doctor. My dermatologist says the hairloss may be stress related, unsure of whether it is male pattern baldness though.