Ranbdom thoughts I had about Propecia

G

So since most of the people Experience sheds before 3 months on propecia and since in the FDA trials the BASE was 3 months MAYBE the regrowth results (66%) were skewed since those hair that shed were going to grow in eventually.. if you know what I mean .. or is there any error in the logic ?

Another thing that came to my mind is Since the effects of finasteride were discovered by accident to grow hair... and reported by users who were taking Finas for other purposes (like BPH /prostate) I am thinking the users wouldnt have reported unless they saw a significant amount of growth.. so even if they maintained the hair they wouldnt have noticed....
Als the users taking the drug were probably older people I am guessing....
but then I wonder why the users in the trials were just betwenn 18-41

What do you guys think ?

The more I think the more confusing it gets.....

Britannia

Reaction score
Helpmeregrow said:
So since most of the people Experience sheds before 3 months on propecia and since in the FDA trials the BASE was 3 months MAYBE the regrowth results (66%) were skewed since those hair that shed were going to grow in eventually.. if you know what I mean .. or is there any error in the logic ?

Most people do not get sheds at all and some people who are unlucky enough to experience sheds only shed slightly. Others shed on a combination of Propecia and Minoxidil.
Where are you getting the information that the base was recorded at 3 months? Im certain this is not true. No way would they wait 3 months into treatment before taking a base reading. And even if they did do this, it would not detract from the fact Propecia was effective in 86% of cases.

Helpmeregrow said:
but then I wonder why the users in the trials were just betwenn 18-41

This is because this was the target age group Propecia is aimed at. Who is most likely to use hair loss treatments? People aged between 18 and 41. Merck could hardly turn to an 18 year old and try and sell them an anti-baldness pill that had been tested on 60 year olds.

G

Brits - you got a picture of your hair situation ?? I d like to know how bad it is