Ran Into An Old Friend Who Is Now Bald

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I guess the good thing about starting balding at 19 is: you have no good youth to feel nostalgic about.

Old age saves those who go bald young.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hardest hit are those guys that up to say mid 20s were popular, good looking with full hair then suddenly lost their hair in a year. Life goes full circle I'm sure in every sense. Suddenly the 26th year is nothing like the 25th one.

Exactly. The good part of my life began in my 30s, when hair loss was a minor flaw than in my 20s.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost two years.

Not even an A cup

I'll tell it again,

Flashback to 2015:

I was at a store and I saw an old friend of mine from highschool, and I noticed he was starting to suffer from diffuse hairloss. At the time, it didn't seem that bad, and the dude was his usual cheerful (almost annoyingly so) self that I remembered.

Now:

I saw him at the mall, and at first I didn't recognize him. Dude's gone the "Just shave it bro" route and buzzed it right down; appears to be NW4 or maybe even 5 and has grown out the beard in attempt to pull off the "stone cold" look every guy hopes will compensate.

and he didn't even say a word. Just looked at me, nodded, and kept on walking.

Maybe it was just a bad day or something, but for this guy, that seems like a REAL bad day to wind up like that. I also notice he hasn't uploaded a new facebook picture in about 4 years. He just seemed dead inside when I saw him.

You would make a great troll bro.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is finasteride working for you @That Guy ? Maintaining or losing ground still slowly?

The big 3 have worked probably better than most for me. Currently maintaining, but save for the hairline recession, my hair is in better shape than when I started taking it.

You would make a great troll bro.

Thanks

Honestly even with hair people really start to look like sh*t after 25...

That's completely ridiculous.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit!

Honestly is true man

Ive recently seen pics from buddies from high school and they are like 26-28 now and you can really see it

It starts with tear trough and nasolabialfolds..srsly

And most of them got fat too

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly is true man

Ive recently seen pics from buddies from high school and they are like 26-28 now and you can really see it

The majority of people decline rapidly.

A minority take good care of themselves.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly even with hair people really start to look like sh*t after 25...
There is some truth here, go to "sh*t" is too strong a word, but if you look at someone from their teenage years to mid 20's that youthful look definitely shows signs of deterioration.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly is true man

Wait till they hit 40 - I met with my early 40's friends not to long ago, majority - fat, bald, or both. We come into this world fat and bald and exit fat and bald.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The really decay comes in the 40s. Im 31, look 25, and f*****g much more than i did when i was 20 something

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The majority of people decline rapidly.

A minority take good care of themselves.

There is a good chance your youthful fat pad under your eyes are gone with 30..honestly you always see a difference between a 20 year old and 29 year old (even though 95% of 30 years claim they could go through as early 20) .especially under the eyes and at the quality of the overall skin. You have less than half of the collagen with 29 compared to 20

And i havent seen them since highschool so the difference was really visible

I garantuee you all this god ager in hollywood get regular fillers once they pass 27

Last edited:

Razor of Damocles

My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts remained unchanged from a year ago; Follica and Shiseido are the only near-term hopes. I think "Tsuji" will probably meet their timeline as they're obviously hellbent on it, but that is going to be so expensive I wouldn't even bother with it.

Safe bet given their current statuses that the former two will probably be out in 2019.

Other than that; there is nothing on the horizon and it's almost a certainty that future treatments will also involve wounding neogenesis or stem cell cultivation.

The good news, is that the science regarding the trinity I'm optimistic about in regards to humans is clearly viable and they're all close.

The bad news, is that should some cruel twist of fate (probably involving business rather than science at this point) result in a dropping of the torch, there are no companies set to pick it up.
I think if Tsuji does show reliable success, well be on the best path forward. Other companies, emboldened, will begin to follow suit and add variation to the procedure. I'd imagine cheaper methods, facial hair, hair texture, color. A market this profitable is going to attract a lot innovation if it's deemed feesable.
Or the torch gets dropped and we can keep rubbing food spices on our heads.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I've found I look older after the past few years. I turned 29 a few years ago. I'm not sure whether its my hairloss, my skin, or my life experience and the weight of responsibilities and expectation that burden me and at least make me feel old. It's the sense that life isn't about to get easier, only harder, and that life is a b**ch. That reality doesn't make me feel young. I'm not saying I don't enjoy life and laugh. I do. But, hell, it aint easy trying to make it as an adult.

Sometimes I look 25, but less and less to be honest. I probably look my age on balance if I'm being totally honest. I think it often comes down to what you feel you have lived. That's what makes us old; our life experiences. Life makes us old. Our experiences make us old. That's how we get wiser. It's just as we get wiser, we get older and look older..There's no two ways about it.

I'm trying to improve my lifestyle, i.e. more exercise and better diet but I struggle and go through periods of healthy eating and exercising but find it difficult to sustain it over the long term. I would like to find a way to seriously workout how to crack it. If I had the money I am considering using hypnotherapy for some kind of dietary help + investment in cooking school for healthy vegan food so I start cooking more instead of ordering takeaway, and a professional trainer for my fitness. I need to invest in myself in these areas. Bad habits that we build over years, if not decades, are best dealt with using a form of professional help in my opinion. Using our own methodology doesn't work because we're applying our existing patterns to our existing problems.

To breakout of existing patterns, we need to create new patterns from external sources and create new methodology. We can't make new patterns from old methadolgoy. It's like we need to update our software by downloading new information to stay fresh. That's how I see professional help.

In an ideal world, I'd see a therapist and personal trainer once a week. And a hypnotherapist at least once to deal with some deep rooted behaviors around diet.

diseasedrat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost two years.

Not even an A cup

I'll tell it again,

Flashback to 2015:

I was at a store and I saw an old friend of mine from highschool, and I noticed he was starting to suffer from diffuse hairloss. At the time, it didn't seem that bad, and the dude was his usual cheerful (almost annoyingly so) self that I remembered.

Now:

I saw him at the mall, and at first I didn't recognize him. Dude's gone the "Just shave it bro" route and buzzed it right down; appears to be NW4 or maybe even 5 and has grown out the beard in attempt to pull off the "stone cold" look every guy hopes will compensate.

and he didn't even say a word. Just looked at me, nodded, and kept on walking.

Maybe it was just a bad day or something, but for this guy, that seems like a REAL bad day to wind up like that. I also notice he hasn't uploaded a new facebook picture in about 4 years. He just seemed dead inside when I saw him.

haha. you bastard. i deserved that.