Ran a 5K saturday with a friend

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend like my brother is also a NW1.
All I can think about when I see the uploaded photo for everyone out there to see is how bad my hair is.
Its utterly disgusting.
Im like 10x's fitter than him. He was always heavy until recently when he lost a ton of weight and all I can think is how much better he looks even with me being fit. I would trade the weight for hair honestly.
When my GF says "you never smile in photos", this is why. My face and head look huge and awkward. Think Ill photoshop hair in and depress myself even more
I dont get this percentage of bald men stats because EVERYONE I know has great hair. Im the ONLY one losing it aside my idiot pops and his idiot brothers.
WTF!

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw this from the main forum and it's listed as "
Ran a 5K saturday with a... "

Was really hoping for "with a wig on" :( I don't go for the photoshopping hair thing, I put a hat on instead. Instantly look like a completely different person...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw this from the main forum and it's listed as "
Ran a 5K saturday with a... "

Was really hoping for "with a wig on" :( I don't go for the photoshopping hair thing, I put a hat on instead. Instantly look like a completely different person...

I hate all hats except for derbies

I highly doubt walking 24/7 with that on and NOT being a rocker would help my self esteem

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I don't go around wearing hats either - but it serves the same idea as photoshopping hair on, reminds you what you look like with a framed face or whatever. The "big reveal" removing a hat is worse than the benefit of wearing a hat in the first place

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Swingline I thought you said you were going to shave your hair?
I guess you didn't go through with it...

Honestly swingline there is something really funny about the thought of you not smiling in a single one of your pictures. Or the gradual sadness setting in as you loose more and more hair through the years.

You willing to show any pictures of you as a NW1?
You've probably said it before(let's be honest a thousand times) but when did it star?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one pic. I just dont want to put my face up so that would be blocked.
Ill try to put it up later.
It really set in in my mid twenties. I always had greys to but now most of my hair left is grey.
I didnt do it but still seriously thinking I will. I am worried some of the red spots from the FUE are still there. Mostly healed but still here. I am almost regretting doing that now. I mean in the end whats the point really? To have a little hair up there? I should have just used the money to have one crazy night with like 20 hookers and shot myself.
I also hated shaving my head, I looked like **** and it STILL didnt help my confidence any. Its a lose lose.
I have the image of me running already cut out with my face blocked. Ill try to put them side by side.

I was never a NW1 though. I always had horrible widows peaks even as a kid. The nickname dracula was more than present in my youth. Only my brother was that lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

well here they are
sorry i blocked out the eyes but really I personally dont care its for other reasons. Hell me and a buddy started a video podcast so trust me Im not afraid to show my face.

Anyway

me around 19 - 20 thick and lush even with a HUGE forehead or 5-head as my friends would say. This is that gorgeous curly hair my hair dresser was talking about.
me3.jpg

This is me RIGHT when I met my current GF around 24-25

Still rocking strong, getting a little further up that head though
Believe me when I say I had NO TROUBLE picking up girls. I was always a very nice curteous guy though. No matter how I act here. Never conceded, always vein though
me2.jpg

Heres me NOW

I sport a nice island in the front, my crown is diminished and im pretty much full grey at 34. It hit me HARD right after the pic before this. Almost overnight. Again I dont take pics so there isnt a real timeline and you just have to take my word for it

Untitled-1.jpg

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Your hair isn't that bad for your age. Look at guys like Exodus, 21 and slick bald, Fred was completely bald in his early twenties too.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oooooooooh trust me it's bad.
That little tuft on top is depressing. Plus not bad for my age? I'm the only balding/bald guy out of all my friend s and my siblings.
It's ****ing depressing.
Again it's not like I'm sitting here going "well at least I'm not exodus" from nw3.5+ it's pretty much done regardless

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Dude, you are jacked. Look like on PEDs :)

How much do you squat?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look great, Swingline. Hair isn't bad either, bro.

dude trust me Im a NW5, Its bad. I just have it REALLY long.
Also where I blacked it out, my eyebrows are MUCH lower than the black mark. My forehead is HUGE.
the ONLY reason I left my body body in the pic is so when I tell people I work out they can actually beleive me and not think Im full of ****. It doesnt help with women unless youre SUPER built and 6'-3"

It really was sad because at that race MAYBE one of 10 guys was noticeably balding. Even my buddy agreed. The stats of balding are greatly skewed, at least here in the US.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/hair-loss-statistics/

hair-loss.jpg

Seriously if 40% of guys get to experiance that then GREAT! I wish I was still at that level. Add that ghay bald bridge and a barren crown and that me at that age. We need to re evaluate our description of "noticeably balding" cause by that Im between age 80 and 85.... one foot in the coffin the other in the grave

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you are jacked. Look like on PEDs :)

How much do you squat?

thanks but I need to lose weight, Its just REALLY hard for me, even more reps over eight does nothing but make me bigger. For some reason at like 30 my body completely filled out and my lean figure traded for that of a fire hydrant. I really want to trim up BAD!

I have no idea how much I squat, bench, curl, or anything
I keep it that way for reasons because its just not worth caring about. When a weight gets light I up it. I should just start doing even more reps though.

NOW let me ask you
You see that figure in a little 5-10 frame walking at you with a shaved head.... whats the first thing you think? Mind you Im never smiling.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I would think "**** I wish I was as built as he".

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think "**** I wish I was as built as he".

thing is you can be.
there is nothing ever stopping someone from being in shape unless you really have a physical handicap that does.
You can never say "oh i wish I was built" because thats up to the person to have the will.
You can say "I wish I had nice hair"

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yup . . . i think you do need to trim up. Its gonna be hard :/. din mean to discourage you.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
yup . . . i think you do need to trim up. Its gonna be hard :/. din mean to discourage you.

you didnt. its not like i dont know it. I know its going to be hard. Im going to try cutting my carbs out, its really the only thing I havent tried 100%

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see your pain swingline, I've always believed that the worst affected people from male pattern baldness are the people with the best hair...and let's face it you had amazing hair.
Hopefully that hair transplant will come in eventually *yawn* and you'll look 10 times better.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see your pain swingline, I've always believed that the worst affected people from male pattern baldness are the people with the best hair...and let's face it you had amazing hair.
Hopefully that hair transplant will come in eventually *yawn* and you'll look 10 times better.

you should see pics of me in highschool with it down to my shoulders. If I pulled the curls out it was down to my back.
Girls loved it, even ones who CLAIM they dont like long hair on men.