Ralf Paus - Strategies To Promote Vellus To Terminal Reconversion

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh sh*t. Now I know what I want to try next.

Back to Alibaba ...

FDAKX5x.jpg

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This one has some of the better information I have seen.

(slide 5) I don't get the "HF Stemcells are preserved = Androgenetic Alopecia is Irreversible" claim. Why cant one simply change the environment to start producing more progenitors?

(Slide 8)Maybe there are other alternatives for blocking excessive DP cell emigration?

(Slide 10) I know there have been people who have tried cyclosporine before and had bad regrowth but there are 4 papers referenced saying that cyclosporine induces hairgrowth.

(Slide 11) CsA(Cyclosporine A) downregulates the gene SFRP1 which is a wnt inhibitor. Even if CsA doesn't have good effects alone it is reasonable to expect that it would have a synergistic effect when combined with a wnt activator. (LiCL or a better wnt activator like Samumed's sm04554.) Also it looks like the hypertrichosis effect caused by CsA is specifically by SFRP1 downregulation since emulating SFRP1 downregulation has the same effect. This is may be the exact mechanism that allows CsA to induce hypertrichosis in other areas of the body.

(Slide 15) Looks like we have another problem to solve definitely which is to fix dp cell senescence. This is going to be a pita and we probably want have any real direct strategies for several years at the earliest since dealing with cell senescience is at the bleeding edge of the frontiers of biotech right now. Maybe just killing the senescient dp cells and injecting autologous dp cells into the scalp will have amazing effects but any sort of method of doing so it way far off into the future.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the awesome info. This presentation is amazing <3~

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't think by itselfs CsA would be a great growth promoter as according to slides it only affects hairs in catagen which is 10% of hair. However I'm wondering that maybe if used in combination with minoxidil it may be useful in retaining a larger number of the new DP cells that minoxodil induces could be lost during categen when the hair cycles.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx Hellouser, very interesting, but so f*****g depressing...
All intels were kinda already know, Cyclosporine A is a part of the Rivertown cocktail along with minoxidil and their famous RT-1640

What's so f*****g depressing is the irreversible Androgenetic Alopecia part, which i was almost certain, and the DP cells senescence, no way we can't fight that :(
Fighting cells senescence is like fighting aging, not gonna happen in our lifetime...i guess our only hope now is Tsuji to get a hair transplant, still not a single clue how to get those HF back....

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's so f*****g depressing is the irreversible Androgenetic Alopecia part, which i was almost certain, and the DP cells senescence, no way we can't fight that.
I actually think that DP cells only age significantly in the elderly, even if the scalp is bald. I read it somewhere, maybe even in one of the other presentations HelloUser posted here. Therefore, they are only related with aging, but do not age fast if you are not old (like 80 or something).
Plus, there's no need to believe only 1 theory as science often contradicts itself.

Ok, I found it:
YnZQj97.jpg

Last edited:

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx Hellouser, very interesting, but so f*****g depressing...
All intels were kinda already know, Cyclosporine A is a part of the Rivertown cocktail along with minoxidil and their famous RT-1640

What's so f*****g depressing is the irreversible Androgenetic Alopecia part, which i was almost certain, and the DP cells senescence, no way we can't fight that :(
Fighting cells senescence is like fighting aging, not gonna happen in our lifetime...i guess our only hope now is Tsuji to get a hair transplant, still not a single clue how to get those HF back....
What about replicel then? :( didn't they inmunize follicles with their method?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about replicel then? :( didn't they inmunize follicles with their method?

Yes i hope so, but they didn't get a massive regrowth tho, at least in their first trial results

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep hearing Sheseido will be out by the end of 2018? When was this said or is it just another rumor?

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep hearing Sheseido will be out by the end of 2018? When was this said or is it just another rumor?

I would love to know as well. I hope @hellouser honestly is still alive? When was the last time anyone saw a post from him?

He said he had so much more to share.... I think by looking at the views on each thread. Riken and when Shisedio thread comes are the only two that he needed to go to Japan for.

Seeing there will be another conference in 2 years he could go to if anything different or exciting happens by then. But in all honesty he did not find out anything crazy with any of the other presentations. Even if he did its all theory and even more years away then Tsuji and RCH-01.

I chipped money just for those two and in all honesty thats all he should have focused on. Getting those extra interviews and planning on those interviews; instead of making sure he was present for all those other presentations which amounted to nothing.

Oh well. I mean we have gotten more from the dude from Japan in the other forum than we have the conference material. Hopefully there is something good in the Shisedio presentation or wtf.

Guess we should pass on future conferences. Just email and set up interviews with the companies directly. That's works so much better and gets us so much more info. Just being honest. That way HU can spend his vacations as vacations lol

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the treatment we’re they are proposing a injection to stop hair loss ?
They take some sort of cells from the back of your head where your follicles are immune to dht, and inject it on the top of your head it's like $1000 for one shot, not sure how many are in one procedure but it stopped and regrew some on all patients except for like 2.

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
They take some sort of cells from the back of your head where your follicles are immune to dht, and inject it on the top of your head it's like $1000 for one shot, not sure how many are in one procedure but it stopped and regrew some on all patients except for like 2.

Where are you from jonnny? Your a young lad like me we seem to be in the same boat

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
This one has some of the better information I have seen.

(slide 5) I don't get the "HF Stemcells are preserved = Androgenetic Alopecia is Irreversible" claim. Why cant one simply change the environment to start producing more progenitors?

(Slide 8)Maybe there are other alternatives for blocking excessive DP cell emigration?

(Slide 10) I know there have been people who have tried cyclosporine before and had bad regrowth but there are 4 papers referenced saying that cyclosporine induces hairgrowth.

(Slide 11) CsA(Cyclosporine A) downregulates the gene SFRP1 which is a wnt inhibitor. Even if CsA doesn't have good effects alone it is reasonable to expect that it would have a synergistic effect when combined with a wnt activator. (LiCL or a better wnt activator like Samumed's sm04554.) Also it looks like the hypertrichosis effect caused by CsA is specifically by SFRP1 downregulation since emulating SFRP1 downregulation has the same effect. This is may be the exact mechanism that allows CsA to induce hypertrichosis in other areas of the body.

(Slide 15) Looks like we have another problem to solve definitely which is to fix dp cell senescence. This is going to be a pita and we probably want have any real direct strategies for several years at the earliest since dealing with cell senescience is at the bleeding edge of the frontiers of biotech right now. Maybe just killing the senescient dp cells and injecting autologous dp cells into the scalp will have amazing effects but any sort of method of doing so it way far off into the future.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the awesome info. This presentation is amazing <3~

It is thought that the positive effects of treatment to inject the young plasma from very young people into the elderly is not due to cellular youth factors within the blood itself but is due to the clearing out of senescent cells and debris in the recipient blood. Perhaps a combination therapy would counter the lack of necessary stem cells. Maybe some new prp cocktail or other transfusion. (?)