Rajput RJ. Controversy: Is there a role for adjuvants ...

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Rajput RJ. Controversy: Is there a role for adjuvants in the management of male pattern hair loss?. J Cutan Aesthet Surg [serial online]

I've never seen this mentioned on hairlosstalk before so thought i would publish a link to it. Not sure exactly where it belongs though

http://www.jcasonline.com/article.asp?i ... ast=Rajput

Interesting stuff especially the alternative theories bit
Patients with hair loss are seeking treatment at a younger age and during earlier stages. Not all need hair transplants. Because of the lack of assured management and the fear of side-effects, patients are turning to ineffective alternative remedies from self-claimed experts. In this report, we discuss the available treatment options and how best they can be used in combination to produce satisfactory results. The traditional approach consists of administration of drugs such as minoxidil and finasteride. We propose a hypothesis that nutritional supplements, 2% ketoconazole shampoo and low-level laser therapy along with finasteride 1 mg used once in 3 days with 2% minoxidil used everyday, given in a cyclical medicine program may be useful to manage hair loss and achieve new hair growth. The scientific rationale for such an approach is explained. The need for further studies to establish the efficacy of the regime is stressed upon.