raising the dosage to 1.25??

jeffsss

Reaction score
well, I'm considering this for 2 reasons...

1. proscar is much less expensive than propecia.. it's easy to cut the pill into 1/4's

2. I probabaly weigh more than a lot of people, tipping the scales at just above 200lbs. i figure that they didnt think about body weight in their studys.. and made the pill safe enough for a 120lb pip-squeek to take it.

thoughts?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffs, 1.25 will work better than 1 mg.
In the last three weeks I have upped my dosage from 1.25 mg per day to 5 mg for one or two days a week and 1.25 on the other days.
I shed zero hairs. I used to shed 4-5 hairs when I comb while I was on 1.25 mg.
I am at an advanced stage of hair loss so regrowth may not be possible. For you even 5 mg per day won't hurt your hair. It can only work better in my opinion.

jeffsss

Reaction score
techprof said:
jeffs, 1.25 will work better than 1 mg.
In the last three weeks I have upped my dosage from 1.25 mg per day to 5 mg for one or two days a week and 1.25 on the other days.
I shed zero hairs. I used to shed 4-5 hairs when I comb while I was on 1.25 mg.
I am at an advanced stage of hair loss so regrowth may not be possible. For you even 5 mg per day won't hurt your hair. It can only work better in my opinion.

wow dude.. 5mg is a lot.

what do you mean your at an advanced stage? youve lost a lot already.. or your rapidly losing hair.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started finasteride only after becoming NW6. I am at NW5 now.
You can check my pictures in the link given in my signature.

jeffsss

Reaction score
techprof said:
I started finasteride only after becoming NW6. I am at NW5 now.
You can check my pictures in the link given in my signature.

wow.. well, i must say your hair does look better.

i'm really debating to up the dosage just a little.. I wouldnt feel comfortable doing 5 X the reccomended dosage.

I'll see what others have to say.. oh.. your hair is looking good man!
whats your age?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jefss,
I am 30 years old. My only regret is not starting finasteride early in my fight against hairloss. I went from NW4 (1999) to NW2(2001) just using minoxidil. Then got married and got careless. lost hairs and gained a lot of fat. stopped rogaine in 2003 because of irritation (NW4). then I went to NW6 in 2004 before I started the treatments in July 2004.
I do know that I am probably fighting a losing cause. I will never a full head of hair without hairtransplants. However, I have some money to spend on proven and good treatments. I live in a small town in the US and it is inconvenient for me to travel to good hair transplant doctors (apparently there are only 3 or 4 in the country).

(I am waiting for the generic dutasteride from united pharmacies. I am planning to add dutasteride 3 times a week in addition to 1.25 mg finasteride).

jeffsss

Reaction score
techprof said:
(I am waiting for the generic dutasteride from united pharmacies. I am planning to add dutasteride 3 times a week in addition to 1.25 mg finasteride).

not sure if it's the best idea in the world to add dutasteride to finasteride.

although I must admit that i've thought of doing it .