Rahal After Rogers.

pete24

Reaction score
Ok, so Im going to talk about my experiences so far.

Had an hair transplant with Dr. Rogers a couple of years ago. He is a nice guy, explains things well, but the truth was that I just wasnt happy. The final density was very poor for the 1500-2000 grafts I had (cant remember exactly). He did offer me a free re-treatment and I really was close, but reading this forum really got me researching into Dr. Rahal. (thanks Dalek)

So I just had my hair transplant at Rahal.

Too early to judge final results so far but there were some VERY interesting differences.

1) Firstly Rahal shaves the recipient site. Now I was very apprehensive about this, but it makes a lot more sense. Rogers didnt.
Im sure this helps to place the grafts and to keep them clean and free from pull of original hair later.

2)I got a bandage and a surgical hat I had to wear for several days. Again it was inconvenient, but makes much more sense protecting the grafts preventing rubbing.
At Rogers, they just put a baseball cap on me and sent me off.

3)Post op meds. I received antibiotics, prednisolone, and VitE oil, (some stronger pain killers too which I didnt use)
Vit E oil needs applying twice a day. I got nothing like this from Rogers...no vit e oil at all...not even recommended to use it.

4)Post op care. They saw me every day for a week after the hair transplant just to check.
At Rogers they never saw me again...To be fair, he is based in Stratford, a long way from london, but they do have a Harley St clinic too.
They certainly did not insist I came back.

5)Swelling! I have had lots more of it post rahal. I had hardly any post Rogers..Rahal does warn about it clearly. Makes me wonder if Dr. Rogers is just too conservative with his treatment.

Ok so this might sound unfair to Dr. Rogers as my result is not there yet, but I cannot believe how different things have been.
It is clear that Rahal is employing best practice and as he explained, to get a good result, you have to to EVERY stage properly.
I think Dr. Rogers could be great for UK hair transplants if he just went along to Rahal for a few weeks to see how he does it.

Someone doing this kind of treatment in the UK properly would clean up.

Ill post up some results in a few months

pete

s.a.f

Reaction score
pete24 said:
Someone doing this kind of treatment in the UK properly would clean up.

:agree: Yes but we're still waiting. :(

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rogers is in a totally different league to Rahal, I wouldn't mind there probably is no difference in cost either.

All the best pete, I am sure your result will be better than the last.

Lucky