QUSOMES as a lipid-based delivery system

oni

Reaction score
QUSOMES

BioZone Laboratories proudly introduces a new, patented cosmetic delivery technology. QuSomes are a lipid-based delivery system that is more cost effective than conventional technologies and substantially more versatile at satisfying the need for more effective skin care products.

New Spontaneous Liposomes
QuSomes form spontaneously upon addition of water, without standard heating, cooling and agitation methods. Therefore it is easier to encapsulate active ingredients.

QuSomes can be:
Unilamellar liposomes
Multilamellar liposomes

Lower Cost
The cost of QuSome raw materials is significantly lower than phospholipids that make liposomes, which reduces product costs. QuSomes can be used in higher concentrations, compared to expensive conventional phospholipids that form liposomes, thereby providing higher encapsulation rate for improved therapeutics.

Improved Organoleptics
QuSome formulations have been developed with a wide range of active ingredients. Better organoleptics are achieved with QuSomes, giving a whiter, non-tacky, odorless, more stable product for topical applications.

Strong Intellectual Property
BioZone Laboratories has invented and reduced to practice its QuSome drug delivery technology. QuSome technology is patented.

BioZone Formulation Expertise
Years of formulation experience in developing cosmetic and pharmaceutical products with liposomes and QuSomes ensure your success.

I was reading on this forum about caffeine as a hair loss treatment so I went about looking for a topical caffeine product which I found on.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.j ... ?id=P70109

I was interested in the delivery system which are lipid-based and was wondering if it could be used with other drugs like minoxidil or finasteride. I guess it might even work for copper peptides and maybe spironolactone. I would like some comments on peoples knowledge of delivery systems as far as lipid-based systems go. :)

checkingin

Reaction score
I do know that the Folligen website recommends Emu oil for pusing more peptides to the follicle. This was taken from their product page. In addition, Emu oil is supposed to have hair growth properties.

Item 122, Emu Oil S Lipid Replenisher for Hair, 2 oz tube, $29.95
Emu Oil is often used after Folligen Spray. The oil acts as a penetrating agent and pushes more copper peptide into the follicle.
Peroxide free Emu Oil supplemented with Saw Palmetto Oil and mixed natural tocotrienols. A Boston University study reported that emu oil activated 80% of dormant hair follicles into the hair-growing stage.