Quoted $15000 for FUE transplant in TURKEY?!

PaulMac

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
So Hair of Istanbul caught my attention due to their focus on hairlines and it really does seem like they have an amazing success rate. I realise a lot of people don't like how unnatural some of their work looks and what not but we have discussed the shape of the hairline to be naturally what I had in my early 20s. I'm also not bothered that their procedures are tech-heavy and might not involve a surgeon.

Anyway, they have quoted me $15000. First session over one day $10000 and the second session if my donor area permits for $5000 1-2 years later. They haven't said any specifics to do with graft counts etc. They have just quoted based on these pictures. The crown area isn't a concern for me and they said they will focus on the front in the first procedure anyway.

They stated since my donor area is smaller than the transplant area it will be "difficult" to get perfect results, but I just don't understand the expense in that unless they are hoping to do way beyond 5000 grafts in a 6-8 hour day. They have performed what to me looks like very very similar transplants on several people for their regular price (around $5000-6000). I really just want the best possible shot at a hair transplant and am massively impressed with the results I've seen in person from them even if this is slightly unaffordable for me. This, however, must be one of the most expensive hair transplants performed in Turkey if I go for it though, right?

I've attached some cropped pics of what I sent them. I wear a hair system so obviously the transplant area looks drastically different to the sides.

If anyone wants to weigh in with any other clinics to consider please do. I'd love if you could link me to your own before/after posts or pictures if so!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.49.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.49.36.png
    964.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.49.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.49.24.png
    663.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.49.04.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.49.04.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.48.17.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 00.48.17.png
    585 KB · Views: 219

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have performed what to me looks like very very similar transplants on several people for their regular price (around $5000-6000). I really just want the best possible shot at a hair transplant and am massively impressed with the results I've seen in person from them even if this is slightly unaffordable for me.
You are prob lying to yourself, can you post the examples of such transplants? Its possible they shaved the area, your hair shows a clear NW6/7 pattern even when grown out.
Also, your age?

PaulMac

Reaction score
You are prob lying to yourself, can you post the examples of such transplants? Its possible they shaved the area, your hair shows a clear NW6/7 pattern even when grown out.
Also, your age?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 19.38.08.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 19.38.08.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 01.27.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 01.27.16.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 246

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first guy has very good donor hair, like an indian, and his loss is not as bad as yours even though you both diffuse in the same pattern he has better coverage when grown out. You can clearly see in the after that his midscalp and crown are much thinner than the front where he had the transplant but he has coverage there when grown out. The second guy has nowhere near your type of hair loss, he looks like a NW3 with near intact density, they shaved the top of his head to amplify the result, he only had his temples done, his forelock is natural and mostly intact.

Your loss is pretty extensive, sticking to the hair system is the best idea if you are opposed to prevention medication.

PaulMac

Reaction score
The first guy has very good donor hair, like an indian, and his loss is not as bad as yours even though you both diffuse in the same pattern he has better coverage when grown out. You can clearly see in the after that his midscalp and crown are much thinner than the front where he had the transplant but he has coverage there when grown out. The second guy has nowhere near your type of hair loss, he looks like a NW3 with near intact density, they shaved the top of his head to amplify the result, he only had his temples done, his forelock is natural and mostly intact.

Your loss is pretty extensive, sticking to the hair system is the best idea if you are opposed to prevention medication.
Sorry, I attached the wrong screenshot for the second one. That guy's hair was thicker than mine for sure. I meant to attach this.

I've decided to ditch the system and have a transplant in the coming months. Started finasteride, derma roller, minoxidil in November and starting Pantostin, 
eucapil and topical finasteride when they arrive. I know my hair will never be extremely thick and I'm not in denial that my hair is very thin. I just wondered if $15000 would be the extremely high end price for Turkey specifically. If anyone had a massive success story in Turkey from another clinic perhaps they could chime in and that clinic might quote me something closer to what others have.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 01.42.04.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 01.42.04.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
15k sounds like a lot to me. Check out HLC in Ankara. They should be the best clinic available in Turkey.

PaulMac

Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. I'm just not getting a great vibe from their emails either, which is my main concern. They seem to copy and paste as much as possible (sometimes not filling in the blanks they need to) and don't seem to like answering any questions. It's just all very blunt and cold (not just in a professional way) in tone compared to another clinic I've been speaking to.

I'd expect $15000 in Turkey to be the warmest, more reassuring service possible instead of "just look at our Instagram"