Quiz: How Long Ago Were People Saying Our Same Things?

How many years ago was this thread posted?

• 5 years

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 10 years

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • +10 years

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea and by the looks of it, we might be transitioning into a whole new group of people.

I'm pretty sure those of us left are hanging on to these near future possibilities like Follica and Tsuji and if nothing works out from that then we will probably disappear from here as well and the new group will wonder if we coped or..

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea and by the looks of it, we might be transitioning into a whole new group of people.

I'm pretty sure those of us left are hanging on to these near future possibilities like Follica and Tsuji and if nothing works out from that then we will probably disappear from here as well and the new group will wonder if we coped or..
What I noticed by looking at these forums 10 years ago was there wasn't as many companies trying to cure baldness as there is now, just a lot of breakthroughs that we still see now being done in random locations throughout the world and people hoping companies would come out of it or something.

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do agree something new is coming. If I did not think that, I would have not sponsored Hellouser's participation to the 2017 Hair Congress in Japan.
It is mathematic that one day the circle is broken and we are, young and old, set free from the curse.

I just found it a bit surreal that people have the same exact thoughts and hopes decade after decade. It is like when in the Blair Witch Project the guys run away from the woods and suddenly realize they have been going in circles.

I’ll hold you to that my friend

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The topical is essential to maintain transplanted hair. It creates no regrowth for me.

I am one of those whose father and grandfather lost hair even in the donor region. So, hair coming from the "safe zone" and transplanted to the top still has a tendency to... fall out. With finasteride and local antiandrogens I am managing to keep rather "unsafe" hair where it is. When I used it before the transplant, on "original" hair, it was not enough. I believe my receptors' sensitivity to DHT and inflammation is very very high.

Did you think we can make it by ourselves ?
Any sides with it?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is crazy that old posters have all disappeared.
I don't know if it means they
- gave up
- finally accepted it
- found a solution

Are you kidding me? That the posters all left is the least surprising thing.

- gave up
Perhaps, but probably not. This forum had many places where you can moan to other posters so there is plenty of reason to stick around and be negative.

- found a solution
Yeah right, what could they know that we don't already? We've got people trying drugs before they are undergo trials. We keep up with the hair congress and get as close to the bleeding edge as possible. There is no way that this is what happened. If anything, they may have just accepted the big 3, but we already know that the big 3 can be a difficult solution for many.

- finally accepted it
This is obviously the most probable scenario by miles. They're even talking about it on the first page of the thread you linked. The majority of people go this route and they turn out fine, i.e. they are not living a life of anguish and suffering and they don't all recoil at the sight of their own reflection ad infinitum.

Yes yes fight the good fight but acceptance is a very reasonable route also. And it represents one of the most repressed thoughts on this forum - *I may have to eventually learn to live with Androgenetic Alopecia.* That is like heresy on there. But all the evidence, i.e. the topic of this thread, points out what we should all already know and be ready to deal with.

-Nothing may come out
-Acceptance isn't as bad as you think
-There's more to life than hair and when you move on, like people before us, and move into more important things, it'll be obvious. Yes people look better with hair. But that's just it, looks aren't everything. And even if that played a strong role in dating, dating a bunch of girls isn't everything. And even if you don't care about that, and you want hair for your own self satisfaction, then again, as a practical matter, you can just do without caring about hair so much and find other hobbies. I think it just gets washed out in the end. And I think many people, especially here, choose to remain shackled.

Tl;dr old thread shows balding men feeling fear and anxiety over hairloss and change, just as pretty much every man before them felt.They await a cure but it didn't arrive by a convenient time. They eventually stop spending time on hair loss forums and probably hair loss itself, as do most people, as did pretty much every man who came before them.

People go through the exact same cycle with a myriad of other body dysmorphic perspectives. Some favorites include:

Stretch marks due to growth/exercise/pregnancy
Mild pubertal gyno
Cellulite
Weight gain
Sagging skin/breasts
Acne
Wrinkles
Big nose/big ears/big forehead/whatever flaws people see in themselves

At some point you just stop giving a f*** and relinquish your attempt to control things that are out of your control. But along the way, the insecurity causes great anguish and eventualy acceptance reveals that yeah, the grain of truth driving the insecurity is still real - you would look better off with/without X, Y, or Z. But also true is that people don't give that much of a sh*t on average, and not everybody cares equally about everything; there are plenty of people too wrapped up in other concerns to give particular care about your insecurities, just as you might care too much about hair to care about their concerns.

At the core, confidence in these matters is attractive because it shows people that you aren't going to waste your life obsessing over things they aren't so passionate about. It signals that yeah the situation sucks but you're ready to move on and find something more interesting, making you a better person to hang out with. After all, we are all seeking better days...

Last edited:

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the core, confidence in these matters is attractive because it shows people that you aren't going to waste your life obsessing over things they aren't so passionate about. It signals that yeah the situation sucks but you're ready to move on and find something more interesting, making you a better person to hang out with. After all, we are all seeking better days...

I have badass centipede shaped scar on my wrist, I don't give a sh*t about it. I love it. Got it after I acidentally cut my finger and they operated me.

Androgenetic Alopecia is crippling, I would accept another badass scar on my face than this sh*t.

Should be covered by medical insurance.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
I have badass centipede shaped scar on my wrist, I don't give a sh*t about it. I love it. Got it after I acidentally cut my finger and they operated me.

Androgenetic Alopecia is crippling.

Should be covered by medical insurance.
Again, I'm all for curing it. And I'm not saying anyone should be enjoying their alopecia.

I'm saying be prepared for no cure. Just as a practical consideration. And I'm saying for all the suffering that people endure, acceptance is not as bad as they may fear. Plenty have done it; everyone is capable of doing it. Things will be fine on the other end of the tunnel if need be.

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

Again, I'm all for curing it. And I'm not saying anyone should be enjoying their alopecia.

I'm saying be prepared for no cure. Just as a practical consideration. And I'm saying for all the suffering that people endure, acceptance is not as bad as they may fear. Plenty have done it; everyone is capable of doing it. Things will be fine on the other end of the tunnel if need be.
If there is no cure or better treatments in 3 years I will not give up. Acceptance is not an option. No cure is not an option. I will throw away all of my morality, gain power within the world even walk through mountains of countless corpses to end this sh*t. Just so you know over the next 20 years I will be living like a madman, but only madmen can change the world. (Well that was a bit of an exaggeration, but still). And even if I fail I still have revenge against the entire world.(that is cringe, I know).

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
I

After a certain point shaving your head actually feels wayyyyy better and helps out alot. Youll have to wait a couple of weeks for people to stfu about it but its very liberating just not have to worry about hair cuz well hey its gone. I don't know if ol' Tsuj would even classify as an actual cure reverse horseshoe treatment anymore from the latest conversations I'm skeptical but I'll wait till 2020. If it ends up not being able to produce enough hair or is a complete flop it'll be time to put an end to this wishful thinking and accept eternal baldness at least for me.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I joined here in 2010, I think my account at recuperaelpelo is from 2007.

I've been here long enough to be tired of "this time is different!"

I'll get excited when I see multiple pictures showing a cosmetically significant improvement and have been validated by several people in the field. In my mind, that's when the "5 years from now" really start. Those picture could show up next month or never be seen in my lifetime

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there is no cure or better treatments in 3 years I will not give up. Acceptance is not an option. No cure is not an option. I will throw away all of my morality, gain power within the world even walk through mountains of countless corpses to end this sh*t. Just so you know over the next 20 years I will be living like a madman, but only madmen can change the world. (Well that was a bit of an exaggeration, but still). And even if I fail I still have revenge against the entire world.(that is cringe, I know).

I know you're joking, but come on now, that's unreasonable. That just means you don't want to think seriously about what you're going to do if there is no cure. Cause you're definitely not going to be a "madman" for 20 years, come on.

See this is what I mean. Nobody wants to just see that acceptance is the high probability outcome and that it ain't too bad. It's not the BEST outcome but you'll be ok. For some here it seems like the world ends when they lose the hair on their heads - what kind of absurd thinking is that?

Last edited:

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you're joking, but come on now, that's unreasonable. That just means you don't want to think seriously about what you're going to do if there is no cure. Cause you're definitely not going to be a "madman" for 20 years, come on.

See this is what I mean. Nobody wants to just see that acceptance is the high probability outcome and that it ain't too bad. It's not the BEST outcome but you'll be ok. For some here it seems like the world ends when they lose the hair on their heads - what kind of absurd thinking is that?
I sense great fear, great fear in you. Great fear that everything will fail otherwise you wouldn't be saying that there's 80% chance every new theraphy will fail.
zgDp3XN.gif

I'm not absurd, hair loss is f*****g absurd. It's better to become a martyr than have no purpose.

I only care for myself, I've been a madman from the day I was born.
Oh, sweet youth, being taken away before you even started.
Have you heard of baldness PTSD?
I will tell you one real story:
There was one guy near my town, he murdered his entire family for no reason in cold blood, shot them with a gun. This happened after he got home, he was also an Oxford graduate and a promising chemist. Nobody can explain his motives, however there are these factors; 1. He had to abandon his dream job as a chemist and work as a security guard since he couldn't get the job; 2. He was NW4 with DUPA, 27 years old; 3. He didn't have a girlfriend. Now connect the puzzle.

Last edited:

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sense great fear, great fear in you. Great fear that everything will fail otherwise you wouldn't be saying that there's 80% chance every new theraphy will fail.
View attachment 70731
I'm not absurd, hair loss is f*****g absurd. It's better to become a martyr than have no purpose.

I only care for myself, I've been a madman from the day I was born.
Oh, sweet youth, being taken away before you even started.
Have you heard of baldness PTSD?
I will tell you one real story:
There was one guy near my town, he murdered his entire family for no reason in cold blood, shot them with a gun. This happened after he got home, he was also an Oxford graduate and a promising chemist. Nobody can explain his motives, however there are these factors; 1. He had to abandon his dream job as a chemist and work as a security guard since he couldn't get the job; 2. He was NW4 with DUPA, 27 years old; 3. He didn't have a girlfriend. Now connect the puzzle.
Sigh now you're just trolling me.

I just wanted to say that I never said a cure was unlikely, just that it is good to keep acceptance in mind as an option, given the circumstances.

As for the rest of what you said, no comment. Thanks for the reply.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes yes fight the good fight but acceptance is a very reasonable route also. And it represents one of the most repressed thoughts on this forum - *I may have to eventually learn to live with Androgenetic Alopecia.* That is like heresy on there.

Give up is to be alright with all your pain,with all the regrets,tears and fear you have once felt. All this confidence lost and you're like "alright I have lost to myself. I tried at least..hun ? Hun ?"
There is people who lived most of their lives without complete head hair. There is people who are young and didn't have the chance to enjoy their youth
Give up so close to sucess ? Never, if we do, this forum has no reason to be and neither our fight. Long Live all my warriors bros.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give up is to be alright with all your pain,with all the regrets,tears and fear you have once felt. All this confidence lost and you're like "alright I have lost to myself. I tried at least..hun ? Hun ?"
There is people who lived most of their lives without complete head hair. There is people who are young and didn't have the chance to enjoy their youth
Give up so close to sucess ? Never, if we do, this forum has no reason to be and neither our fight. Long Live all my warriors bros.
Sure, of course! Fight it with passion if you would like to, I don't knock that at all. Absolutely Androgenetic Alopecia is something worth spreading awareness of and developing a cure for.

But the price paid for waiting for the complete treatment intensifies with time, and time is all we have. Life calls, and asks you to move on and eventually you may comply. I'm just saying that one shouldn't feel badly about the acceptance route. It's okay :). The important stuff in life will work out either way.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the price paid for waiting for the complete treatment intensifies with time, and time is all we have. Life calls, and asks you to move on and eventually you may comply. I'm just saying that one shouldn't feel badly about the acceptance route. It's okay :). The important stuff in life will work out either way.

Like taking our treatment/cure haha? I understand ya and you're right but I don't think it's not important to me, and you're right. If there is a true justice in this world, life will work out and make us all feel better

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what's sad is that I wish I would've accepted it a long time ago. I'm not even here still for the same reasons as you all. I don't even want hair anymore.

I'm still here because I was pressured into a hair transplant by people who kept calling me and telling me that I wouldn't look good bald. All I'm trying to see is if they will find a way to reverse scarring so I can deal with my strip scar and cobblestoning. So you can guess that my hope is Follica seeing their breakthrough with skin regeneration in regards to hair follicle regeneration.

The rest should be happy if they haven't had a transplant. At least they still have the option to shave it and live. I'm stuck not being able to grow it out and not being able to shave to hide my scar. Didn't comment to vent though, just stating that I'm in a more complex situation. FUE doesn't fully fix it and I'm not willing to have ink put into my head.

Anyways hope these researchers crack the code; after all, they've had to study half their life and it would be pretty upsetting if all they accomplished was grooming some mice that apparently everyone is starting to catch on to as being a load of sh*t.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what's sad is that I wish I would've accepted it a long time ago. I'm not even here still for the same reasons as you all. I don't even want hair anymore.

I'm still here because I was pressured into a hair transplant by people who kept calling me and telling me that I wouldn't look good bald. All I'm trying to see is if they will find a way to reverse scarring so I can deal with my strip scar and cobblestoning. So you can guess that my hope is Follica seeing their breakthrough with skin regeneration in regards to hair follicle regeneration.

The rest should be happy if they haven't had a transplant. At least they still have the option to shave it and live. I'm stuck not being able to grow it out and not being able to shave to hide my scar. Didn't comment to vent though, just stating that I'm in a more complex situation. FUE doesn't fully fix it and I'm not willing to have ink put into my head.

Anyways hope these researchers crack the code; after all, they've had to study half their life and it would be pretty upsetting if all they accomplished was grooming some mice that apparently everyone is starting to catch on to as being a load of sh*t.
Couldn't you just use PolarityTE?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't you just use PolarityTE?

PolarityTE does not do scar revisions for now, they just mentionned they will do it, no date annonced