Quitting Propecia!

ppp123

Reaction score
Hi There. I know there are lots of propecia-related posts but I
couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so here goes. I enjoy a
fairly good head of hair and decided to get on propecia for
precautionary/maintenance measures as I can see my hair is thinning.

Anyway I took Propecia for a month and noticed I was shedding quite a bit of hair on the top of my head. I freaked and have stopped taking it. I figured it would be better to stop and cut my losses now than end up with some of the stories I have read on this site. The top of my head is now quite thin and I'm completely regretting taking Propecia.

Anyway, I guess my real question is will the hair that was shed grow back? Some forums I have read on other web sites say that 'shedding' is simply your hair in its cycle and doesn't represent a permanent loss and will hence grow back. Other sites say the losses are permanent.

I have done some reading and heard different opinions. Your thoughts
would be appreciated. Please note when giving your responses that I'm no longer taking Propecia, and took it for about 28 days in total.

Thanks in advance!

jeffsss

Reaction score
propecia will do nothing to your hair in 28 days. You need minimum of 3 months to notice ANYTHING out of this drug.
therefore.. propecia did not cause your excess loss of hair, you were just plain losing it.
I'd suggest getting back on propecia nand seeing what happens.

Uni Student

Established Member
Reaction score
As Jeff said,you gave it very little time. Chances are you were already in the middle of a hair cycle. I'm just over 2 months on the drug and my hair loss isn't too bad at the moment. Hair seems quite thick so hoping things improve more. Give it time man.

dorianyates

Reaction score
I agree ...Shedding is a natural process of regrowth! According to the drug manuf. shedding will happen...Simply means old weak hairs are leaving room for new stronger ones....I would get back on Propecia ASAP! Wait a minium of a year before you judge your results.

G

I have been on Propecia for 2 months now, and I have lost more hair than ever!

My scalp is noticeable even with 2 inches of hair combed over, I must use lots of Toppik to cover up this sh*t.. It was never so bad

In addition to that, I am losing more hairs now with Propecia, than when I was nto using it.

I think Propecia is accelrating my hairloss.

I know it could be a sheeding and be part of the treatment, but on this way i will be bald in the end of year.

MY hairloss was not so aggressive, I mean I lost hair, but slowly, now im losing them like nothing.

All I can say today is Propecia made my hairloss aggressive.

I really hope I am wrong. Will wait some more time to se what happends.

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
i have neen taking propecia more than a year now. my hair looks thicker but stiil i loss 50to 80 hair a day and its normal, the only thing which freaks me out is the itch and flaks. and the good news it did not effect my sex life iam happy......