Quitting Meds 4 Months After Hair Transplant - Should I?

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months ago on monday I had a 5000 graft hair transplant. The doctor recommended that I start taking propecia and rogaine 5% every day once a day from 1 month after the procedure for at least 6 - 7 months which I have been doing. I got side effects from the propecia which I've reduced to 0.25 mg a day which the doctor agreed to and rogaine which I reduced from twice a day to once a day (she recommended only using it once a day anyway).

After 4 months I am seeing a lot of the hair filling in and my original hair and donor area is pretty much back to how it was but the only reason I took the meds was to support the new hair growth and prevent shock loss so that my existing hair gets back to normal and my plan was to come off them straight afterwards due to sides - rogaine bloats my face beyond question and makes it look very tired and also seems to be causing new lines on it although I won't go into this too much.

I'm now wondering if it's safe for me to just stops the meds at this point? As I said I was always planning to drop them eventually but I'm basically wondering is any benefit they would have had against A Shock loss and B growing the new hair, been reached at this point and will the new hair just continue to grow in to it's fullest extent albeit maybe a bit slower if anything?

Remember it's the side effects that I'm worried most about which are definitely happening.