Quitting Heavy Marijuana Use, And Worsened Sides

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride has been side-less for me, I’ve tried 1mg finasteride daily and got sides after about 3 weeks.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm looking for some advice.

I've known about the side effects of finasteride since well before starting the drug around two years ago. They scared me, but I was even more scared of hairloss, so I got my prescription.

I've been consuming copious amounts of marijuana for even longer, like three-four years. Daily use, and sometimes all day. I work from home so I kind of went ham.

To give more backstory, I have a long distance girlfriend whom I see every two-three months for about a week. Maybe a year ago I started noticing watery semen, and potentially gyno. In retrospect, my libido decreased for sure as well. I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is due to insane account of stress related to my work and relationship, but now I've also developed erectile dysfunction. I have also been less confident in almost everyway.

I don't get hard without physical stimulation, and I've noticed very infrequent morning wood.

I am 15 days clean from weed, and I am wondering if I should also quit finasteride, as the sides persist. It's hard for me to completely tell if the sides fully existed before quitting weed too because my life basically revolved around work, blazing and videogames.

Besides what sounds like a shitty lifestyle, I'm decently athletic and worked out from time to time, and my diet was never terrible either. I've since increased my workout regimine, and I'm eating like a god damned saint. I'm kind of going crazy every night though, debating whether to stop or continue, and I'd like some advice. Thanks

I've read that smoking weed lowers Testosterone

enoughdonalda

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the best way to quit Smoking weed is to switch to cbd products. For example, I personally coped with my addiction thanks to CBD gummies UK. This is a very good and clean product that passes clinical trials, so no THC. Good luck to you, my friend.
I agree with you that CBD can help a lot in dealing with addiction, especially for weed. Personally, I vape CBD, as this helps me even more. You get the feeling of smoking like an actual joint, but then of course much less harmful. Recently I bought a strong version at Cibdol, since I had heard a lot of great things about their products, but unfortunately, they don't have many flavors available. The only real problem I have with vaping CBD is, that at least for me, it's really hard to dose. I have literally no idea how much I have vaped after taking something like 10 puffs. If anyone here is experienced with vaping and might have a solution, please let me know!

DonCallis

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was smoking weed for almost three years and understand your feelings. Quitting marijuana is not as easy as people may think. You need to train your self-discipline and gradually get rid of it.

Reaction score
Hi there! By the way, what do you think about CBD oil then? Do you think it is good for hair growth? I have heard a lot of good things about it, but I would like to learn more about it. Maybe you can tell me something :)
CBD has been shown to be an interleukin-17 inhibitor (https://www.google.com/search?q=cbd+Anti–interleukin-17).

Take a look at the results of this guy who was given the interleukin-17 inhibitor secukinumab (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6031562/). There's a thread from a few years back around here somewhere.

It's a lot of conjecture, but worth investigation. I've ordered some cbd and plan on using it with micro-needling.

IsacCornish

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was smoking weed for almost three years and understand your feelings. Quitting marijuana is not as easy as people may think. You need to train your self-discipline and gradually get rid of it.
Yeah, you talk sense. I was smoking a lot but eventually managed to quit it. It depends on your self-control and the ability to change your behavior. Taking consultations with a qualified narcologist may increase the chances of achieving the goal to be a good option for you. However, at the moment, I'm still using marijuana for treatment, but not by smoking. My friend recommended me to use weed edibles like weed gummies which are less harmful. I usually get them from https://getkush.io/product-category/edibles/thc-gummies/ for affordable prices.

Last edited: