Quit Using Blow Dryer For My Hair System

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I go to the gym 3-5 times per week and sweat a lot therefore I have to shower 2 times per day someday. I rinse my hairpiece with water almost every time during shower and shampoo about 2 to 3 times per week with the system attached on my scalp. I remove the system completely to do a full clear up every 7-10 days. In the morning, I have a messy bedhead (mussed and tangled) so I have to spray water and leave in conditioner on it to brush and smooth the hair down. If I use blow dryer to style it every time after showers, wearing a helmet plus fixing the messy hair in the morning. It's very time consuming and most likely will shorter the life span of the hairpiece , so I decided to let my hairpiece air dry naturally. I notices that it's totally manageable without using blow dryer. I still can style my hair by using fingers and brush. The only two hair products I currently use are sulfate-free shampoo and leave in conditioner. The hair system that you see in this photo is about 6 weeks old and I wear it 24/7. I would appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/EfL4dHA

French lace front with Poly (thin skin) sides and back. 1B# Off black hair color/ CC Contour hairline/ medium light density . Attachment: using Walker 1522 tape on the thin skin and Ghost Bond Classic (3 layers) for the front hairline. The photo on the right is from a week ago and the one on the left is from today.
sGiwdcy.jpg

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Things I'm seeing right off the bat-
1) Hair looks damaged (maybe picture quality)
2) The hairline looks messy, you shouldn't have hair sticking down to the lace
3) Looks like the hairpiece is balding up front
4) Not styled and frizzy.

To the general public, I doubt anyone is going to notice.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Things I'm seeing right off the bat-
1) Hair looks damaged (maybe picture quality)
2) The hairline looks messy, you shouldn't have hair sticking down to the lace
3) Looks like the hairpiece is balding up front
4) Not styled and frizzy.

To the general public, I doubt anyone is going to notice.

Thank you for the reply. This is my first experiment hairpiece and I have only been wearing a hair system for 7 weeks. I was testing various adhesives , tapes, cleaning methods to see which work best for me. The hairline fading possible causes by using too much Walker lace release , C-22, 99% isopropyl alcohol or pulling off the old tape during clean up. Please let me know if you or anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I can improve. Thanks again!

This is another photo taken this afternoon after 2 hrs of cardio excise from the gym bathroom under difference lighting.

https://i.ibb.co/M8ZmBCc/122118-07.jpg

122118-07.jpg

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use a good quality leave in conditioner?

Also, 2-3x per week shampoo is not necessary. I’m willing to bet that’s why the hair looks damaged. I shampoo MAX 1x per week. And that’s when I redo the hairline so it cleans the hairline better (the shampoo).

I know you said you sweat but just shampoo your natural hair and leave system hair for once a week.

Blow drying well, dries the hair out as well. So there’s multiple factors going on here.

Good luck!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Matt. I only shampoo once a week too, but I use leave-in conditioner several times a day.

If you're going to Blow Dry, get an ionic dryer and only use on cool setting.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Matt. I only shampoo once a week too, but I use leave-in conditioner several times a day.

If you're going to Blow Dry, get an ionic dryer and only use on cool setting.
I will try you methods shampoo once a week and use leave in conditioner several times a day. Thanks!

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If day multiple times a day is excessive with the leave in but I suppose it doesn’t hurt. I do once a day or after an activity, like swimming, where it’s been washed off

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Washing too much will damage the system and shorten the life span. I only now wash the system only when its off my head every 10 days when I do my reattachment. I never wash it when on as hot water and glue don't go well.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Washing too much will damage the system and shorten the life span. I only now wash the system only when its off my head every 10 days when I do my reattachment. I never wash it when on as hot water and glue don't go well.

Winter now where I live and temperature average below 40° F/ 4°C. therefore I don't wash my hair system in the shower anymore. I follow other members advice wash it with cold water every 7-10 days.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I'm poly bonded around sides and back, with glue most of the time up front.

My showers are hot AF sometimes I'll cool it down a touch when rinsing hair but lately I haven't .

No affect to the poly bond . The glue seems to hold up fine if bonded well. That being said it depends on what products you're using.