Quit Propecia/Finpecia after 6-7 years

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I forget when I first started taking Propecia (then Finpecia), I think the fall of '01 or spring of '02. I added min foam and 2% nizoral about a year ago. All in all, have been happy.

I stopped taking Propecia/Finpecia about a month ago, bottom line is that it makes me feel tired. Not sure if others have had the same experience, but after several weeks I can tell that I am less tired and (indirectly related) getting less headaches. I started taking Propecia at night, right around 6pm, a few years ago, because taking it in the morning made my sleepy. Taking it at 6pm made me pretty sleepy towards the end of the evening. Also then occasionally took it at 11pm.

Good luck to all, but basically the brain fog issue was kicking my *** and now that's gone. I'm drinking less coffee too. Not trying to scare anyone but if you had a tendency to have major brain fog if I were you I'd think about the pros and cons.

I have some Finpecia left if anyone wants it, and I have some never-used dutasteride too. Just pm me if you want it for like $10.

HairMe

Reaction score
hey Klink...is your getting better? did you experience headache when you started finasteride?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Its all psychological. Even if this brain fog or tiredness exists just use some extra will power to get off your *** and do things. We all get brain fog, tired and lathargic from time to time, it happens to us all, whether ur on finasteride or not! But you gotta rise above it and use mental strength to stop this occuring.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can tell when I'm getting brain fog from finasteride, it's palpable. All the power to you if it does not bother you, I think it was getting rough for me, but I also have little kids so I bet my 'tolerance' for the fog is lower, I need all the energy I can get right now. :D