Quit Finasteride During "shedding Phase" Will Hair Regrow?

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, as it says above. Stopped finasteride during the shedding phase due to physical side effects. Will my hair return back to the way it was pre-finasteride, even if it means hair regrowth?

Thanks

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, because you allowed yourself to reach a telogen effluvium, those follicles will be further damaged by Dht upon regrowth.

Ah bummer. What if I were to continue finasteride until those hairs were to regrow? Then stopped, would the end result be better?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah bummer. What if I were to continue finasteride until those hairs were to regrow? Then stopped, would the end result be better?

It would not go very well because if you stopped Finasteride use, then DHT levels will return to normal systemically and will continue to miniaturize your hair follicles. If lost hair grows back, it will be thinner, stay shorter, and growth will be slower. Worst case scenario is hair won't come back.

Some shed when starting treatment, some don't. Everyone responds differently to medication and has been getting harder to gauge what may happen with further research being explored about what our current treatment options can do.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you couldn't tolerate the sides try a lower dosage before it gets out of your system. Try 0.5 or 0.25mg so at least you can keep what you have.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been four days and I have gone from losing about 100 hairs throughout the day, to today, losing about 5. Is it possible that I am at such an early stage of male pattern baldness that regrowth may occur?

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it can, many people experienced regrowth with finasteride, my opinion is just dont drop it use it at lower doses if you cant tolerate sides. You'll thank me later if you really have male pattern baldness.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant regrowth after stopping finasteride. I didn't have any side effects I just don't wanna go around playing with my hormones for the sake of vanity. I want to age naturally.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not possible with DHT present in your system attacking follicles buddy unless you get on some topical.

It would not go very well because if you stopped Finasteride use, then DHT levels will return to normal systemically and will continue to miniaturize your hair follicles. If lost hair grows back, it will be thinner, stay shorter, and growth will be slower. Worst case scenario is hair won't come back.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesnt it depend on the amount of DHT?

What i'm trying to say is..... Let's say I'm at a certain stage of male pattern baldness... the Finasteride made me shed.... will i return BACK to that stage in male pattern baldness that i was in.. OR, have i just accelerated my hair loss?