Quit Dutasteride - How Much Time Take To Lose Results ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know with finasteride after quit it you will lose all results after 4 months.

With dutasteride is it the same ? Or due its long life will take more time ?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did u quit? What kind of results did u get?

dutasteride has roughly a 5 week half life if taken at standard dosage of .5 mg/day.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit dutasteride after 5 months due to sides and immediately went back onto 1mg finasteride with no break and noticed sides from dutasteride ceasing in about 4 weeks.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im allergic to it, i quit the past week but the itchy and swollen face persist,

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit dutasteride after 5 months due to sides and immediately went back onto 1mg finasteride with no break and noticed sides from dutasteride ceasing in about 4 weeks.
What sides did you get from dutasteride?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What sides did you get from dutasteride?
It was giving me eye problems..always dry and bloodshot which made me feel sleepy and the back of my eyes hurt if I looked up or down..like the cord that is attached to the back of my eyes shrank is the best way to describe. Never had these issues with finasteride.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was giving me eye problems..always dry and bloodshot which made me feel sleepy and the back of my eyes hurt if I looked up or down..like the cord that is attached to the back of my eyes shrank is the best way to describe. Never had these issues with finasteride.
I had the same issue..even after hours after wake up my eyes feel sleepy, but mine is related to the inflammation caused from the allergic reaction

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same issue..even after hours after wake up my eyes feel sleepy, but mine is related to the inflammation caused from the allergic reaction
I didn't notice any extra benefits from dutasteride compared to finasteride..maybe not on it long enough but yea always felt tired as far as my eyes...ended up getting a bad stye in my left upper eyelid due to rubbing them I'm guessing.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the stuff is more stronger than finas..maybe 3 times more stronger..and in combination with minoxidil and keto the results are amazing..but the allergic reaction ruined my dream :(

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the stuff is more stronger than finas..maybe 3 times more stronger..and in combination with minoxidil and keto the results are amazing..but the allergic reaction ruined my dream :(
That's too bad..I responded good to finasteride as far as the hairs I had thickened up but was hoping for some regrowth with duta but couldn't handle that stuff.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Probably your strange issue is the culprit..any kind of inflammation can limit the recover of damaged follicles

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did u ever see a Doctor for it? Do u think it could have been seasonal or some other type of allergies?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My optometrist said he could see that my optical cord was being constricted somehow..told me to see my primary physician..I just dumped duta..can tel that symptoms have ceased.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have quit dutasteride today due to noticeable side effects, going straight back on finasteride instead. Noticeable ED and the worst acne I've ever had in my life, I've got a red spot about the size of my f*****g eye on my face! Was only on it just over two months but not waiting to see if the effects disappear.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Long half life is a sh*t. Finasteride is much safer in that sense. Whatever happens you have the drug completely out of your body in just 24hs. Instead with dutasteride you must wait 6 long months

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long half life is a sh*t. Finasteride is much safer in that sense. Whatever happens you have the drug completely out of your body in just 24hs. Instead with dutasteride you must wait 6 long months

Really? It says 5 weeks on most sites I have looked at? I actually have been really dizzy on occasion the last month of so, I didn't think it could have had anything to do with Dutas, but when googling the half life, spotted that dizzyness was reported as a side effect. This has not been a good experiment for me lol

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes the half life is 4/5 weeks. It means the 50% of the drug is out after 4/5 weeks. 75% in 2 months, 90% in 3 months.. and 100% takes 6 months

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes the half life is 4/5 weeks. It means the 50% of the drug is out after 4/5 weeks. 75% in 2 months, 90% in 3 months.. and 100% takes 6 months

Were you taking it long? I was starting to notice some results. Regrowth. I had been on finasteride over 10 years prior to making the switch.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't notice any extra benefits from dutasteride compared to finasteride..maybe not on it long enough but yea always felt tired as far as my eyes...ended up getting a bad stye in my left upper eyelid due to rubbing them I'm guessing.
Didn't you swear by dutasteride just awhile ago saying finasteride gave you scalp irratation and shedding while dutasteride completely eradicated them?

No offence but sometimes I really feel that forum posts is not an ideal place for gathering accurate info(not that we have a better place though)

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't you swear by dutasteride just awhile ago saying finasteride gave you scalp irratation and shedding while dutasteride completely eradicated them?

No offence but sometimes I really feel that forum posts is not an ideal place for gathering accurate info(not that we have a better place though)
At the time of that post that was my experience with dutasteride but as most of us on here should know is that these medications CAN have unwanted sides that can start at the onset of taking them or weeks or months after. The eye issue that it caused me was a side that I hadn't heard of anyone complaining of on here about so I thought maybe was caused by something other than duta but I can say now that I believe it was the root cause of it.