Quick question on hair transplants from NW6

joely87

Reaction score
Here’s something I thought of recently,
Would it possible for me a NW6, to transplant all my existing side and back hair to the top? Then just get SMP for the back and sides? And just keep a very tight short hair cut?

J

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your donor hair is good, you can use that and beard hair/chest hair to get pretty decent coverage without resorting to desperate measures like that.

Also you can get on finasteride+min to improve your existing hair and sprout some new ones for better results.

Choose a good clinic not a hairmill

norwood_spotter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

the Doctor:

I got literally to the limits of the donor area: to the limit next to bald area and neck, to the limit of the remaining density in the donor.
The objective was to intentionally lower the density of the donor area beyond the 'recommended' limit in order to get a uniformity/homogeneity in the areas i've covered.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s something I thought of recently,
Would it possible for me a NW6, to transplant all my existing side and back hair to the top? Then just get SMP for the back and sides? And just keep a very tight short hair cut?

Don't surgically commit yourself to a trendy hairstyle. It won't be popular forever.

It's not unusual for a hairstyle to be very popular at one time, and then 10 years later it may be viewed as totally out of style. It may even be considered lower-class or unacceptable in a corporate job.

Lots of balding men got crappy transplants in the 1980s/90s because at the time it wasn't acceptable to wear your hair buzzed down very short at a corporate job. A decade or two later many of them were deeply regretting it. Buzzing down became fashionable again in the later 1990s-2000s but now they had transplant scars. And their 1980s-90s transplant work wasn't good enough to make their grown-out hair look very good, either.

Transplants usually do limit your hairstyling options even with the best results. But it helps if you don't intentionally paint yourself into a very specific corner.