Quick Question In Ref To hair transplant Procedure

The Comb Back Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read a lot on the forum and online over the past 12 months about hair transplants, procedures, results, effects, shock loss etc... One thing that I have never seen answered in a straight forward way so that my mind can figure it out :), is what exactly happens to the current hair you have after a completed transplant.

i.e. I currently have what I would class as thin but wearable receeded hairline. Should I decide to have a transplant to rebuild and strengthen my hairline would my existing/current hairs grow back as normal or would I loose those and have only the transplanted hair?

I would appreciate if somebody with experience with this could drop a reply into the thread.

Thank you

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The existing grafts should grow back out assuming they don't go into shock loss. There is always the chance that happens. When you get an evaluation from a hair transplant doctor this is certainly something to discuss with them before any procedure. In my case i had grafts placed around existing hair without it hurting, but it was not for a hairline.

riya

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before getting into hair transplantation, the doctor goes for the initial test to know more about the scalp and hair strength. It's better to consult the doctor whatever you have in your mind. Want to know more about the hair transplantation and how it can be done, click the link below for more details: