quick drying minoxidil VS normal minoxidil

Crippler

Reaction score
I hear ppl talking about how good Dr lees minoxidil is in that it dries really quickly but wondering if it actually is as good as greazy rogaine.

What i am saying is wouldnt less minoxidil get absorbed into the scalp as the minoxidil cystals would be in liquid form for a less amount of time and therefore wouldnt have enough time to get into the pores as opposed to rogaine which would stay wet for a lot longer.

Have there been any tests to see if this is the case as I have switched to a new minoxidil called Hair-A-Gain in australia which appears to dddry much faster than the other no frills brand i used to use and have less itchiness now as well which leads me to believe that because it drys quicker that maybe less has been absorbed and might explain why its= doesnt itch as much as it used to.

Cassin

Reaction score
Crippler said:
I hear ppl talking about how good Dr lees minoxidil is in that it dries really quickly but wondering if it actually is as good as greazy rogaine.

In my opinion it is far superior..

Crippler said:
What i am saying is wouldnt less minoxidil get absorbed into the scalp as the minoxidil cystals would be in liquid form for a less amount of time and therefore wouldnt have enough time to get into the pores as opposed to rogaine which would stay wet for a lot longer.

No. More Minoxidil gets to the follicle because of the increased delivery via alcohol. The Propylene Glycol ratio of regular Minoxidil is 50% PPG, VS 30% PPG in Dr Lees standard Minoxidil.

Dr Lee takes that 20% less PPG and replaces it with 20% more Alcohol, this increases absorption a bit, makes it dry faster, and much better for the scalp for most of us. But thats just how long it is on the scalp, it is still under the skin doing it's thing for awhile. Of course there will always be a few who don’t react well to the increased alcohol on their scalp.

You always want it to sit on the scalp for a little while which is why he does have some PPG in there. It’s not an instant drying formula. You can feel it on the scalp for 15 to 30 minutes. It’s just not the greasy 3 to 4 hour wait like the standard Minoxidil formulas readily available on the shelves.

Crippler said:
Have there been any tests to see if this is the case as I have switched to a new minoxidil called Hair-A-Gain in australia which appears to dddry much faster than the other no frills brand i used to use and have less itchiness now as well which leads me to believe that because it drys quicker that maybe less has been absorbed and might explain why its= doesnt itch as much as it used to.

Yes there has been tests done on Lower PPG formulas, but not specifically Dr Lees. I don’t have them but Bryan does and I believe he states that the best ratio results tested was 10% PPG, 70% alcohol, the rest being water and Minoxidil. If I remember right anyway. :)

But it does indeed dry faster which leads to less irritation form PPG, but as I stated above, some simply can’t handle the increased alcohol. I think irritation from alcohol is easier to deal with than PPG. A nice moisturizing shampoo/conditioner combo should probably do the trick since the alcohol does a number on the scalp by drying it out.

PPG irritation for me was much harder to eliminate and I ended up just having to eliminate some of it to deal with what ended up being actual scalp pain and went far beyond typical irritation.