Questions For Regenpure (dr) Users.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1) How many times a week do you need to use it? The instructions on the bottle don't actually say but when I Googled it I couldn't get a conclusive answer.

2) Do you really need to use it in conjunction with Regenpure (NT) to get the full benefits? Do you use another shampoo at all on the days you don't use it?

3) Do people do a pre wash with this shampoo?

Thanks!

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I tried it, I just used it a few times a week. I did have the NT also, but didn't use it that much. On other days I just used a good quality SLS free shampoo. As for a pre wash, that's totally up to you.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I LOVE that shampoo it at the very least makes you hair appear a little denser..I noticed if i wash with regular shampoo my hairs when wet lay very flat and when i wash with that shampoo they tend to stick up a bit..when i want to see my miniaturized hairs in mirror i definitely use that shampoo...i use it few time a week..i deep condition because it can be a bit drying on ends if you have longer hair. (I'm woman my hair is long)

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This has severely speeded up my hairloss, I like the smell thought... but every time I use it it gets worse, Very severe

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has severely speeded up my hairloss, I like the smell thought... but every time I use it it gets worse, Very severe

I have a hard time believing that shampoos can severely speed up hair loss.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped shampoos containing ketoconazole, they make my scalp very dry and itchy. I love the Regenepure NT though!
I'm currently using some sort of baby shampoo every other day. It's the best shampoo I've used the last few years.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped shampoos containing ketoconazole, they make my scalp very dry and itchy. I love the Regenepure NT though!
I'm currently using some sort of baby shampoo every other day. It's the best shampoo I've used the last few years.

Which baby shampoo exactly are you using ?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bump. I now have the DR and the NT shampoo. What is the best way to use them? I've heard a lot of people use the NT straight after using the DR but surly this would minimise the effect of the Keto in the DR? Is using them on different days better?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump. I now have the DR and the NT shampoo. What is the best way to use them? I've heard a lot of people use the NT straight after using the DR but surly this would minimise the effect of the Keto in the DR? Is using them on different days better?
Two days NT, then one day DR. Any more made my scalp dry and flake. DR got rid of my dandruff problem when I was using every day for about two weeks when I started, then created a flaked skin problem that still hasn't gone but is getting better.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I honestly don't know the reason to use both same day--i have both as well and i don't use them at same time. Maybe to wash ends though if long hair to get the Keto out of the actual 'hair' if this is drying.

I don't use the NT often to be honest but its nice shampoo. It does not give the body the other one does it leave it kind of limp.

It does have some good things in it for the scalp--so many people who get itchy this helps?

I personally dont have any scalp issues (burning or itching) that some people with hair loss have.

Some get actual pain almost like nerve pain the way they describe it--i never understood why but i believe them its too many not to. This is side bar to the shampoos, i have no idea if this helps with that.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know the reason to use both same day--i have both as well and i don't use them at same time. Maybe to wash ends though if long hair to get the Keto out of the actual 'hair' if this is drying.

The DR is to combat hair loss & dandruff but can dry your hair out and the NT is a cosmetic, nourishing shampoo. So, people think if they use the NT straight after the DR it will combat the drying effect. That's how I understand it anyway.

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone else experienced severe hair loss with the (dr) shampoo? I notice that on the days i use the regenepure dr shampoo (T, T, S), i lose a lot of hair as soon as i apply the shampoo. They literally are all over my hands once i am done lathering. 20 - 30 strands at least. And another 20-30 strands when i rinse off.

On other days when i use my other normal shampoo, i lose maybe 3-5 strands. Its been over 2 months of regular usage and the hair loss has not stopped. I dont think its just an initial shed. I am close to giving up on the shampoo. Dont think its going to help with the hair loss, but likely to make me bald faster.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone have tips / suggestions to share? Would be very grateful for your advice.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone else experienced severe hair loss with the (dr) shampoo? I notice that on the days i use the regenepure dr shampoo (T, T, S), i lose a lot of hair as soon as i apply the shampoo. They literally are all over my hands once i am done lathering. 20 - 30 strands at least. And another 20-30 strands when i rinse off.

On other days when i use my other normal shampoo, i lose maybe 3-5 strands. Its been over 2 months of regular usage and the hair loss has not stopped. I dont think its just an initial shed. I am close to giving up on the shampoo. Dont think its going to help with the hair loss, but likely to make me bald faster.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone have tips / suggestions to share? Would be very grateful for your advice.

Do you use any other hair loss products? How long do you leave the shampoo in before you rinse?

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use any other hair loss products? How long do you leave the shampoo in before you rinse?

I take 1/3 propecia every day and use 1.5 ml of 5% minoxidil twice a day. Leave the shampoo in my hair about 3-6 minutes before rinsing off, as per the instructions on the bottle. But even during the initial application, i lose about 20 strands of hair. Not the case when i use my normal shampoo.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take 1/3 propecia every day and use 1.5 ml of 5% minoxidil twice a day. Leave the shampoo in my hair about 3-6 minutes before rinsing off, as per the instructions on the bottle. But even during the initial application, i lose about 20 strands of hair. Not the case when i use my normal shampoo.

Ok, well her's a little known fact about Keto shampoos that may shock you; One of the side effects of Keto is hair loss. That's right, this ingredient that's meant to help with hair regrowth can on occasion have the opposite effect. If you don't believe me look at the side effects section on the leaflet that comes with Nizoral (or google it).
I do, however, understand that this is unusual and the vast majority have positive results from Keto shampoos. So to answer your question - yes it is possible in a small percentage of people that these type of shampoos can make your hair loss worse. What you have to do is make a judgement call on whether this is a just a shed (possibly a good thing) or genuine hair loss, remember that sheds can go on for a long time.

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, well her's a little known fact about Keto shampoos that may shock you; One of the side effects of Keto is hair loss. That's right, this ingredient that's meant to help with hair regrowth can on occasion have the opposite effect. If you don't believe me look at the side effects section on the leaflet that comes with Nizoral (or google it).
I do, however, understand that this is unusual and the vast majority have positive results from Keto shampoos. So to answer your question - yes it is possible in a small percentage of people that these type of shampoos can make your hair loss worse. What you have to do is make a judgement call on whether this is a just a shed (possibly a good thing) or genuine hair loss, remember that sheds can go on for a long time.

Thanks for the reply @Funkymonk1 . I have stopped using the shampoo. I use my normal shampoo now and experience less hair loss when washing my hair.

However (and this may not be related to the Regenpure shampoo), I'm still experiencing quite severe hair loss. At least 60-80 strands per day. I'm not sure if its because i have reduced my dose (over time) from 1mg propecia daily to 1/3 pill daily. IT was atrade-off i had to do as i had become aware of the significant side effects on my body when i was taking 1 mg daily.

Hoping the hair loss slows down but it has been 3 weeks so far on 1/3 daily and its not.