questions for people that have got a hair transplant?

younghair

Reaction score
hey guys i had my hair transplant done on dec 10 2004...today jan 20 i have lost a lot of hair prob due to schock fall out.. i look preety bald...i didnt look as bad before i got the transplant...anywayz i dont know if i should go back on rogaine now or do i need 2 ..im curently on proscar cut into 4.....besides that i havent really used much...oh yea i also use dermatch since it basically make me look like i had a full head of hair...its a GREAT PRODUCT......is there anyhting i should be doing any???? :nosmile:

Gotem42

Reaction score
Hey----How old are you? How many grafts did you get? I have been thinking of getting a hair transplant too.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
younghair said:
hey guys i had my hair transplant done on dec 10 2004...today jan 20 i have lost a lot of hair prob due to schock fall out.. i look preety bald...i didnt look as bad before i got the transplant...anywayz i dont know if i should go back on rogaine now or do i need 2 ..im curently on proscar cut into 4.....besides that i havent really used much...oh yea i also use dermatch since it basically make me look like i had a full head of hair...its a GREAT PRODUCT......is there anyhting i should be doing any???? :nosmile:
Give it time. Dec.10 is not that long ago when you are talking about hair growing in. The hair you lost from shock fallout should regrow too I'm guessing.

HairBeThere

Reaction score
yup.. should take about 3-4 months before you start seeing a return of growth... Hang tight. It's a long ride.

younghair

Reaction score
i am 21 basically lost all my haed up top...diffuse thinner i guess....its a tad over 3 months see a lilttle growth but still look bald..i guess i gotta give it time..i had my transplant with Dr. Joseph Karamikian....of nyhlc.com

grreg

Reaction score
it can take up to 6 months before you see any shock "fall out " hai grow back,
if you had a lot of grafts put in at one time, you can get a huge shock fall out.
Yes, minoxidil, definitely now, do not put it off!! It helps the hairs to stay inserted and grow properly.
Also, use tricomin right now...it's supposed to help with the scarring, and regrowth.
The doctor should have told you all this already, but it's worth repeating if you hadn't heard it before .