Questions for aggressive thinners.

bombscience

Reaction score
Hey, it seems like a lot of people on the boards are trying to control some temple receeding and regrow vortex thinning. I'm looking to hear from agressive diffuse thinners who have successfully slowed or stopped their hair loss. I'm putting more money on Finasteride than minoxidil to slow things down for me.

What was your key to success, if any?

It's really scary when you can see the difference of where you are today and where you were 3 weeks ago.

G

glad to see your quoting a true genius in your signature. i been thinnin like crazy and its worse for me cus i had original ''nappy'' hair now its like straight up white boy hair. think how strange that looks on a black guy! i hope this rogaine works cus im bout to shave my head and become a statistic.

budak

Reaction score
Dont panic

Here is the deal,i posted about 3 mths ago asking for help and started on propecia and nizoral.i am 21 and have been diffuse thinning since i was 17.iwas in the army and was part of an elite commando unit for about 3 years and was stationed in Asia.I was in the jungle most of the time and as a result of poor care i speeded up the thinning situation(my father was in dire straits by the time he was 25).After coming out i decided to do something abt it and in 3 mths the patchy scalp is slowly filling in.i have hope that if i give it time it will recover and then i shall take it from there if not f*** it.So give it time,mine was fast though i dont want to jinx it, and go live a little.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
well, i guess it has been officially 8 months since i started proscar/minoxidil/nizoral. i had thinning on the crown for four years (which accelerated tremendously the last 6 months of those 4 years) and i had some diffuse thinning on the front, but no real recession. so far it has filled in the front of everything else nicely, but have no luck on the crown. it's weird, but it might have helped to fill in the very back of the vortex a little, but the front part of the vortex is taking a loss. ha, i guess an equal trade?

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
what's the point of sneaking in that jungle situation ????

just had to get that in, eh?? hehehe has nothing to do with the point here :lol:

bombscience

Reaction score
Haircare in the jungle? That's tough.

I was thinking about joining the peace corps for 2 years... that would destroy my hair situation for sure.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
I was thinking about joining the peace corps for 2 years... that would destroy my hair situation for sure.

I think that would be good for you bomb. f*** the hair. When things get bad get a transplant

bombscience

Reaction score
Stabber said:
bombscience said:

I think that would be good for you bomb. f*** the hair. When things get bad get a transplant

Yeah it's something I really want to do. I would love to take an assignment in central/south america. That part of the world is completely ignored by the US.

I wish i looked better bald, except I have two dumbo ears to worry about, maybe if I can stabilize a routine over the next year, I'll order 2 years worth of medications and go on my way...

G

all i know is if i was in the manrines the last thing this nigga would be worryin bout is his hair.

budak

Reaction score
Rawbie i am serious man.I only got to wash my hair probably once a month and the fact that my head was covered with dirt n sweat 24/7 underneath a jungle hat did not help either.