Questions/feedback On Your Fue Post Op Care

Tommaso Marchionne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ten days ago I received an ARTAS FUE 3,500 grafts procedure and wanted feedback on a few items.

1. I started doing a lightly dapping the grafts area with watered down shampoo suds then a cup rinsing twice per day starting on DAY ONE after surgery as instructed. Is that the instructions you received and performed after your surgery? Seemed early to do but my scalp is and was clean and free of any infection or issues.

2. Scabbing: As expected scabs formed throughout the crown and top areas where the grafts were implanted and I was told to start using a light pressure shower head on day 7 after surgery with very light massaging the grafts/scab areas a special conditioner they provided for me. I did apply the conditioner but did not massage the graft area; was too worried about disrupting the grafts at that point. I did start very, very lightly massaging that graft area on DAY 8-9 after surgery and scabs are coming off.

3. Also, it appeared I had more hair the days after then I do now but that may be from the scabs starting to disappear making those areas look less dense?

4. IF SOME SCABS COME OFF WITH A HAIR OR TWO IN THEM, ARE THESE HAIRS SHEDDING BUT THE GRAFTS REMAINING IN PLACE MEANING THERE WILL BE NEW HAIRS GROWING IN PLACE OF THOSE HAIRS THAT CAME OFF WITH THE SCABS?

5. If you do lose grafts are they clearly visible like tiny chunks of flesh?

How was your success rate and also did you perform these same procedures during your post time?

Thank you so much for your responses and feedback.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The grafts set in by 3 days, so chances are you didn't damage anything. All of the grafts will shed until they come out with new follicles in 3 months.