Questions around "real" minoxidil......

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
This question has to have been asked before......but I've bought Kirkland's minoxidil 5% for 5 plus years.....but I've always found it odd that there is no seal on the bottles. How do we know we're not getting watered down minoxidil? Is there any liquid minoxidil that does come sealed? That can be trusted? I've bought from different stores via Amazon....but recent just been buying from Costco.com.

One particular month ...last October...I got the most incredible hair growth one could imagine....no bs....honestly it was so much growth I almost broke out in tears. My crown had been pretty bad ....and I've used the Kirkland brand years before and had not seen an abundance of growth.....but all of a sudden.....tons of growth came in that particular month. Still using the same product. Then....come November....when I changed to a new bottle of Kirkland......the growth stopped! And pretty much....been trying to back trace if I did something different.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not talking rubbish. I have reason to believe I was buying fake stuff for years. I now buy from Minoxidil World (I have no affiliation with them) and i seem to be getting growth now.

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
This question has to have been asked before......but I've bought Kirkland's minoxidil 5% for 5 plus years.....but I've always found it odd that there is no seal on the bottles. How do we know we're not getting watered down minoxidil? Is there any liquid minoxidil that does come sealed? That can be trusted? I've bought from different stores via Amazon....but recent just been buying from Costco.com.

One particular month ...last October...I got the most incredible hair growth one could imagine....no bs....honestly it was so much growth I almost broke out in tears. My crown had been pretty bad ....and I've used the Kirkland brand years before and had not seen an abundance of growth.....but all of a sudden.....tons of growth came in that particular month. Still using the same product. Then....come November....when I changed to a new bottle of Kirkland......the growth stopped! And pretty much....been trying to back trace if I did something different.
The way I avoid worrying about minoxidil being fake is to buy it from legitimate pharmacies. That way I know it's either the brand (formula) or me if something goes wrong.

It can also be how you apply it or how much you apply to that particular spot. I see a big difference in results when I apply 0.5ml more than I should.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're being sarcastic, I apply 2.5ml once a day so take that into account.
No, wasn't being sarcastic. I was interested how much worse the results are from using too much.

I use a spray to apply it, but i probably use more than others do. Not sure if you saw my new thread but i'm considering moving to oral because i don't get any side effects from it.

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, wasn't being sarcastic. I was interested how much worse the results are from using too much.

I use a spray to apply it, but i probably use more than others do. Not sure if you saw my new thread but i'm considering moving to oral because i don't get any side effects from it.
The results are better when I use more, but if I use more, I feel like the topical goes systemic and I get excessive growth all over my body. Also, when I use it more, it leaves more residue on my scalp which causes terrible itching.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
The results are better when I use more, but if I use more, I feel like the topical goes systemic and I get excessive growth all over my body. Also, when I use it more, it leaves more residue on my scalp which causes terrible itching.
I use a lot but the biggest problem I have....... I end up with lots of residual dried on my scalp.

As i get no side effects (even after microneedling) i'm thinking about going oral