Questions about topical spironolactone

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about starting topical spironolactone to apply around the thinner areas of my hairline (there are two particular spots which are thinner than others, the rest are relatively intact).

I have a few issues

1.I have read there are no side effects and I have read that some people experienced increased heart rate and other bad sides. Can anyone give me what the deal is with sides?

2.I've heard some people dilute their spironolactone. Is this recommended? And if so how much to dilute to?

3.Does anyone who has used spironolactone have any pics or care to share their results?

Thanks all.

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone? Anything at all? This lack of feedback is making me think that it really isn't worth it.

sandiego

Reaction score
i am interested too and waiting for replies.. from what i have read there should not be any side effects and increased heart rate could be imagined.. spironolactone and an anti-DHT (anti androgen).. and will only save what you have? i think.. it is a preventive measure.. you will need a regrowth regiment to compliment this.. if you have already lost everything there, i dont know how it will help but i dont think it will hurt.. still havent ordered spironolactone myself

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about starting topical spironolactone to apply around the thinner areas of my hairline (there are two particular spots which are thinner than others, the rest are relatively intact).

I have a few issues

1.I have read there are no side effects and I have read that some people experienced increased heart rate and other bad sides. Can anyone give me what the deal is with sides?

2.I've heard some people dilute their spironolactone. Is this recommended? And if so how much to dilute to?

3.Does anyone who has used spironolactone have any pics or care to share their results?

Thanks all.

There is a study at the bottom of this page http://www.follacure.com/t/spironolactone that says topical spironolactone is not systemic. I never saw any sides when I used it and saw a lot of regrowth but I was also using a lot of other things.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have not seen any impressive results from topical spironolactone its really one of those things that in theory should work, but is lacking in real evidence it actually does work. Probably not powerful enough or does not penetrate well enough like most topicals that have unimpressive results.
Its something to try though and it probably wont hurt. Topicals are not fun to apply so I hope someday we get a topical you can just use once a week instead of say twice a day