Questions About Ru58841 (22 Years Old Diffuse Thinner)

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys so to summarize im a diffused thinner in a nw6 pattern and 22 years old. I have only been balding for about a year and a half so the loss isnt too bad yet and not noticeable to other people but I want to maintain what I have. Family history is balding on both sides. My dad was a nw7 at 22 years old and his 2 brothers were also nw6-7 in their mid 20s.

Ive been on finasteride for 8 months now and the amount of hairs i lose in the shower dropped from around 500+ to around 50 per shower ( i wash my hair everyday). However i got hit with bad sides as of recently.

I am looking into ordering RU58841 and slowly dropping finasteride over time and testing for 6 months to see what happens and have some questions.

1. I plan on buying the 5% mixed solution so 50mg/ml (mixing it myself is an inconvenience due to my situation right now)

2. On the site it says that it should be stable for 6-7 months but on these forums I hear that it is less than that. If I store the RU in a freezer with an opaque container would I have a better chance at keeping it stable? I plan on buying 3 50ml solutions at once (it is cheaper this way since you only have to pay shipping once)

3. Is it safe to rub in RU by hand similar to rogaine and right after using rogaine? Should I use gloves for this?

4. Is there anything else I should know before trying RU?

All I really want is maintenance (or even a drastic slow down) and if I can get that without systemically lowering DHT I will be happy. Are my expectations too high for RU? Please feel free to share your experiences with researching RU as well.

Thanks for all responses!

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I plan on buying the 5% mixed solution so 50mg/ml (mixing it myself is an inconvenience due to my situation right now)

It's much cheaper to mix yourself.
I mix 12ml of softasept n from B Braun, 8ml of prophylen glycoleum and 2ml of water and drop 600-800mg of Ru inside.
20 ml last about 1-2 weeks for me.
10g Ru is 140$. 1l alcohol is 10$, 1l glycoleum is 20-30$.
The Ru lasts about 6 months, other ingredients about 2-3 years.

2. On the site it says that it should be stable for 6-7 months but on these forums I hear that it is less than that. If I store the RU in a freezer with an opaque container would I have a better chance at keeping it stable? I plan on buying 3 50ml solutions at once (it is cheaper this way since you only have to pay shipping once)

Should last you about 3 months, so no problem. Keep it in the darkness, so the fridge/freezer is probably a good place. Alcohol won't freeze, and cold glycoleum is less watery and won't run down your forehead.

3. Is it safe to rub in RU by hand similar to rogaine and right after using rogaine? Should I use gloves for this?

Use a 1ml syringe with a blunt tip. I use https://www.bbraun.de/de/products/b0/omnifix-f.html this one.
The syringes i could order in packs of 20, the blunt tips come in packs of 100 or something. Or order one set of 10ml syringes with blunt tips and exchange the tips. It's not too suspicious. Ppl use these syringes to glue stuff and to refill printer ink.
Both syringes and tips are about 8$ so I don't mind having 99 replacement tips. :D

You don't want any Ru solution to get into your hair, you want it on your scalp. That's why applying it with the fingers or gloves is a bad idea. It will also work, but you are wasting lots of valuable Ru.

Don't eat it. :D

It likely won't stop your hair loss completely but slow it down. As far as I can see it works best for users whose dht has already taken a hit, by using finasteride before or just being a bit older.
Maybe you can microdose finasteride at the same time, like 0,5 mg once or twice a week.

At the same time Breezula (which will be FDA approved Ru) seems to show similar results to finasteride and will come out in 2022 so we only have to hang on a bit more. :)

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's much cheaper to mix yourself.
I mix 12ml of softasept n from B Braun, 8ml of prophylen glycoleum and 2ml of water and drop 600-800mg of Ru inside.
20 ml last about 1-2 weeks for me.
10g Ru is 140$. 1l alcohol is 10$, 1l glycoleum is 20-30$.
The Ru lasts about 6 months, other ingredients about 2-3 years.

Should last you about 3 months, so no problem. Keep it in the darkness, so the fridge/freezer is probably a good place. Alcohol won't freeze, and cold glycoleum is less watery and won't run down your forehead.

Use a 1ml syringe with a blunt tip. I use https://www.bbraun.de/de/products/b0/omnifix-f.html this one.
The syringes i could order in packs of 20, the blunt tips come in packs of 100 or something. Or order one set of 10ml syringes with blunt tips and exchange the tips. It's not too suspicious. Ppl use these syringes to glue stuff and to refill printer ink.
Both syringes and tips are about 8$ so I don't mind having 99 replacement tips. :D

You don't want any Ru solution to get into your hair, you want it on your scalp. That's why applying it with the fingers or gloves is a bad idea. It will also work, but you are wasting lots of valuable Ru.

Don't eat it. :D

It likely won't stop your hair loss completely but slow it down. As far as I can see it works best for users whose dht has already taken a hit, by using finasteride before or just being a bit older.
Maybe you can microdose finasteride at the same time, like 0,5 mg once or twice a week.

At the same time Breezula (which will be FDA approved Ru) seems to show similar results to finasteride and will come out in 2022 so we only have to hang on a bit more. :)

Thanks so much for the info. I am going to order 3 bottles today to do research. If I can maintain with just RU and minoxidil Ill be happy. Also, if I am using it with rogaine do you reccomend I put it on before rogaine or after?

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
any update on your success with RU? Would you say it's a viable alternative to finasteride?