Question: Would It Be A Bad Idea To Use A More Aggressive Treatment For This Level Of Hairloss?

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Lipogaine 2x a day for about 8 months now along ketocanazole shampoo and taking biotin. I am not willing to take oral Finasteride as I already experience some ED at age 21.

My hairloss is best described as being moderately thin throughout my entire scalp with no hairline recession with the crown area seeming to be thinner than the rest. The sides of my hair are thin throughout as well except for the back donor area. Its thick. I have little to no receding at the hairline. If my hair isn't styled my crown is obviously thin.

If lipogaine has seemed to be thickening my hair with continuing but slow progress, would it be a good or bad idea to get more aggressive with a prescription minoxidil solution? The solution would be 12.5% minoxidil, .25% progesterone, 5% azelaic acid, .025% Retin-A, .1% hydrocortisone, and 3% biotin. Im still considering whether or not to add .04% finasteride to the mixture. Applied once daily.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
If lipogaine is working, albeit slowly, stick to it.

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
If lipogaine is working, albeit slowly, stick to it.

I have the lingering thought of what if the minoxidil solution would give better results than lipogaine. Who knows, I guess I'll give it 3 or 4 more months and if there's no further progress or if I notice loss I'll make the switch immediately. I did just have to go on about a months break due to unrelated reasons.