Question: why can't we "clean up" a follicle

sensei

Reaction score
That article is over a year old. Claire Higgins is one of the people involved with that. Here's an interview with her talking about some of the work:

[video=youtube;RrgwU6tfCaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrgwU6tfCaY[/video]

Notice how when the dude mentions to use it for head hair at the 4:33 she freaks out and goes to burn victims; as if bald men should be exempt from this benefit (further snubbing... but dont tell this to benjt, he'll get salty!).

At the 8:52 mark he says 'we might be talking about some 5 years starting trials, that's quite fast...' LOL, we know how that always goes. 5 years isn't fast either.

1. We have clinical evidence that human dermal pappilae will convert to NEW HAIR FOLLICLES.
2. We have clinical evidence that wound response causes de novo NEW hair follicles.
3. We have clinical evidence that C60 causes differentiation of stem cells (adipocyte derived stem cells into osteoblasts)
4. We have clinical evidence that C60 cause de novo synthesis of new follicles in mice and humans -- see citation in this and other thread
5. We have clinical evidence that C60 causes cell cycle changes

Fullerene nanomaterials potentiate hair growth

"In contrast, we have discovered a new wayin which hair follicles can be induced de novo. As seen
above, the fullerene derivatives described here significantly
increase the number of hair follicles in the skin."

http://www.researchgate.net/publica...air_growth/links/0c960528b84a79db7e000000.pdf

Yet, somehow, it is unbelievable that C60 in Olive OIL (a known transdermal vehicle because of it's squalene content) can cause follicular neogenesis; or conversion of hair follicles from telogen to anagen phase.

SMH

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw it on Amazon, it seems pretty affordable but from what I was able to read on it, it's not a JAK inhibitor, it's a JNK inhibitor. Or is there some studies that say it's also a JAK inhibitor?

I'll have to read up on it.... but SAGA has more info on this.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw it on Amazon, it seems pretty affordable but from what I was able to read on it, it's not a JAK inhibitor, it's a JNK inhibitor. Or is there some studies that say it's also a JAK inhibitor?

I'll have to read up on it.... but SAGA has more info on this.

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical, always.

I saw Baicalin in form of powder or cream. But should I use a vehicle or something else to apply it?

Baicalin inhibits macrophage activation by lipopolysaccharide and protects mice from endotoxin shock.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18191816

Isn't the macrophage inhibition something bad for hair? Look at this:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/89644-Macrophage
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-Activation-of-Adult-Hair-Follicle-Stem-Cells

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Notice how when the dude mentions to use it for head hair at the 4:33 she freaks out and goes to burn victims; as if bald men should be exempt from this benefit (further snubbing... but dont tell this to benjt, he'll get salty!).
This only shows exactly one thing: How much of the "discrimination against baldness" that you preach about is all in your head. She clearly doesn't freak out, she also doesn't exclude bald men at all and clearly states that it is possible, but that her focus was medical. And putting a focus on medical rather than cosmetical issues - while it may suck for us - is completely understandable. She neither freaked out, nor did she exclude Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.
You truly live in a world of fantasy. Ever got checked for persecution complex?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This only shows exactly one thing: How much of the "discrimination against baldness" that you preach about is all in your head. She clearly doesn't freak out, she also doesn't exclude bald men at all and clearly states that it is possible, but that her focus was medical. And putting a focus on medical rather than cosmetical issues - while it may suck for us - is completely understandable. She neither freaked out, nor did she exclude Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.
You truly live in a world of fantasy. Ever got checked for persecution complex?

You're delusional but I won't waste my time trying to prove it to you.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"I have arguments but I'll not tell them" - yeah, of course :D . Just like in kindergarten. Classical hellouser. Not surprising you're facing discrimination in the real world. Has nothing to do with your hair loss but more with your behavior, though.

Fbalding84

Established Member
Reaction score
To get this post back on its original track....

I still think we have to use FUE of a miniturazi follicle and implant it else where to see what will happen. We have hypothesize on it as much as we want but only true experimenting will confirm positive or negative outcome.

If I knew where to get a DIY kit I would do it in a heart beat. Extract a miniturized follicle and implant it lets say on my arm

maher

Banned
Reaction score
To get this post back on its original track....

I still think we have to use FUE of a miniturazi follicle and implant it else where to see what will happen. We have hypothesize on it as much as we want but only true experimenting will confirm positive or negative outcome.

If I knew where to get a DIY kit I would do it in a heart beat. Extract a miniturized follicle and implant it lets say on my arm

Wasn't this done already? It must have been.

I dont think miniturazed andr. sensitive follicle would recover...