Question to Propecia users - PLEASE respond

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, ok ive been off propecia for a couple of months and recently tried dutasteride for 21 days, but didnt like it. I hate the idea of taking Propecia because it caused me a particular side effects that brought me down on the hotness scale while on it. A puffy round moon face. I though it was the minoxidil but it wasnt. I was always consistant with minoxidil when i was off of propecia and my face returned to normal within a few weeks off propecia. Im looking real good again and getting all kinds of signs from hot girls when i go out. Im improving in the hairline area off of Propecia and my hair has pretty much stayed the same, but to be honest i wasnt really worrying about losing my hair on Propecia, off of Propecia im worrying about it and its interfering with my life. Propecia pretty much gaurantees a halting of hairloss, topicals alone dont. I really hate worrying.

So enough with my babble, has anybody noticed this puffy face on propecia and successfully reversed it? I wont take any anti-estrogen drugs like Arimidex or anything, because i tried that on dutasteride and it only incresed my testosterone even more and made myy face more puffy. To be honest with you i can eat whatever i want off of Propecia and not gain a single pound of fat and my face,ect stay chisled. So i continued this diet on Propecia and i dont know if it was my deit itself, or the simple fact of lowering DHT that plays a big role in controlling estrogen and keeping you lean and thats what caused my facial bloat. I wasnt eating junk food all day either. I simply cant tolerate that because it really does affect your looks BIG TIME. Im going to start the Zone Diet next week, which means no sugar, simple carbs, sodium, salt, starch, cookies, cakes, bread,ect, and im goign to exercise for 45 minutes in the mornings. Do you think this would keep my face looking lean like it does when im off Propecia? Do you think Propecia was effecting my liver and that was causing the puffy face? Im scared that my face wont look as lean,ect no matter what i do if i take propecia, and i feel that DHT is whats keeping my face looking like it does.

If anybody could help me out i would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you should just go to the gym and bust your ***. That will get rid of any fat on your face.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thinning, the thing is that off Propecia i have done nothing, and my face looks better and leaner. I dont work out and im naturally lean and pretty muscular. What gives? Itslike my face puffs up withing a few hours, or a day of taking the pill, this happened on Avodart too.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah really weird, the AI made me BLOAT more. mabye my problem was prolactin?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe, you could try dostinex for prolactin. Should cure any potential libido issues also.

michael barry

Reaction score
Stax,

Here is a chart on propecia you might want to check out if you think it completely stops hairloss.......[url]http://www.propecia.com/ ... reases.jsp[/url]

A hair transplant Doctor told me that he attended a lecture by Dr. Ken Washenik (head cloning researcher at Anderans) on finasteride. Proscar, a five milligram dose of finasteride, has been used for prostate hyperplasia for twenty years now. Washenik lectured that a man on propecia or finasteride at one milligram, just like the chart says, has his highest haircounts in year two. After that there is a long slow decrease in haircount every year thereafter. He is back to his baseline haircount in years 12 to 14. You see propecia gets 90% or so of type two alpha five reductase created DHT, but not all of it. Dutasteride gets 98% and a little more than half of type one alpha five DHT.

Did you know that your hairs will make more androgen-receptors in response to taking propecia by the way? Sucks doesnt it?

And DHT can also be made by the male hormone DHEA using sulfites and probably a fourth way by the male hromone androstenidione being oxidized into DHT.

This is why I believe using a topical receptor blocker like sprio, RU58841, or a topical anti-androgen like revivogen or fluridil will assist propecia to bringing androgen transcription in the scalp down to super low levels. Enough for a man to feel confident that he'll keep what he's got for a long while during the wait for gene therapies or cloning anyway.

Its something us guys on treatments must always beware of is complacency. Hamilton's experiments in the forties with castrates given testosterone showed that it only takes about a year to go bald if you stop treating it. He seen castrates with full heads of hair have it fly out of their heads in about that time if he shot them up with testosterone every day. Sometimes I feel like I have a time bomb on my head if I couldnt get my paws on treatments, because I know my genetics are to be bald. Ive staved it off though.