Question to people on propecia.

Anon587

Reaction score
Does the fact that you will immediately lose all maintained hair once halting propecia concern you?

I mean sure it may delay my hairloss through the peak of my life but I kinda feel like its a burden to know that you are 100% dependant on this pill.

This reason in conjunction with the possible sides (better safe than sorry in my opinion) is enough to scare me away.

Are you 100% happy with taking finasteride? Are there any regrets personally?

(This thread isnt to convince myself to take it, i'm just curious)

jsmith123

Reaction score
I just started taking it (about two weeks in) and if anything it has given me peace of mind that i can atleast drastically halt my hairloss through my 'peak' social years and then when the time comes, i can just let nature take its course , finasteride will give me enough time to get my body prepared and based around the bald look. (think building muscle, getting a good physique, tan etc). So far i have not experienced any side effects or feel any different, however i am very early in. I do not think of it as a burden, taking a quarter of a pill when i get home in the evening is in no way annoying or affects anything greatly. This is just my take on it, other people may view it differently to me. When i talked to my dermatologist about the sid effects, he told me how out of EVERY patient he has prescribed finasteride to (and that is a lot mind you) only ONE person has come back in regards to sides and in that case it wasnt even severe, just a mild loss of libido, the guy ended up stopping and getting back on it anyway cause his hair started going again !. Go into it with a healthy positive state of mind but dont let your guard down, thats the rule i have been sticking by and so far im feeling happier and better than when i was stressing about my hair wondering what I was going to do whilst staring at it in the mirror every morning.

Hope I have helped

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride has stabilized my hairloss and regrew some hair in some previously bald areas on my right temple.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good question Anon. I was never 100% happy taking finasteride. I was grateful that it gave me a chance at least to delay my hairloss nevertheless it was another daily reminder that I was fighting a battle against a ruthless foe I was destined to lose to in the end. I guess my experience with finasteride. could be best described as bittersweet. For the record I must be fair and acknowledge that finasteride. did not induce or cause my cynical attitude. I believe this recollection of my experience on it is really an overall reflection of the damaged state of my moral during a particularly compressing period of my life. Thanks for sharing and all the best.