Question To Ferench/swiss Lace Users

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All

quick question on using lace system do you tape around the perimeter or do we need to glue the whole unit as uts? I am using injected thin skin unit which should be glued all over

I got 2 new systems a french lace system and french lace with poly perimeter, just want to check if just tape around sides works with nothing in the middle

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All

quick question on using lace system do you tape around the perimeter or do we need to glue the whole unit as uts? I am using injected thin skin unit which should be glued all over

I got 2 new systems a french lace system and french lace with poly perimeter, just want to check if just tape around sides works with nothing in the middle
You can use either, or a combination of both. Nevertheless, a full liquid Bond will be the most difficult and time-consuming to clean up with a redo.
I believe most do such as I, and use tape around the perimeter and glue for a Flawless Hair line.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can use either, or a combination of both. Nevertheless, a full liquid Bond will be the most difficult and time-consuming to clean up with a redo.
I believe most do such as I, and use tape around the perimeter and glue for a Flawless Hair line.

Thanks, for the skin I was told to do all glue to avoid the wrinkles or plastic rustling sound in the middle. I want to just try the tapes for the perimeters and glue in the front, nothing in the middle

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, for the skin I was told to do all glue to avoid the wrinkles or plastic rustling sound in the middle. I want to just try the tapes for the perimeters and glue in the front, nothing in the middle
I never get any wrinkles with a taped perimeter and glued front. Ultrahold and super taper are pretty stretchy, Just like the base. You are correct that unless you do a full Bond you will have a rustling sound If you pat areas that are not adhered. If you go with a taped perimeter, I would suggest at least a small strip in the center.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never get any wrinkles with a taped perimeter and glued front. Ultrahold and super taper are pretty stretchy, Just like the base. You are correct that unless you do a full Bond you will have a rustling sound If you pat areas that are not adhered. If you go with a taped perimeter, I would suggest at least a small strip in the center.

even for lace we get the rustling sound? I never tired lace this would be my first time, I am skin wearer till now but want to try the lace this summer to avoid the heat

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also just ordered a bunch of stuff from HD(tapes,glue and pro touch products) this is my goto stop from now on, dnt want to deal with the counterfeits on amazon and ebay

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everyone will have their own preference be it liquid glue, tape or a combination. I personally go with tape and liquid glue for small touch ups only. I attach tape around the perimeter and a second strip behind the front hairline. Seems to be good for 2 to 3-weeks.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
even for lace we get the rustling sound? I never tired lace this would be my first time, I am skin wearer till now but want to try the lace this summer to avoid the heat
No ......the sound is with a thin skin.