Question Regarding The Use Of Hair Serums Like Frizz Ease / Hair Oils

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever leave-in I'm using is inadequate.

I used to like using serums, like Frizz Ease, when my bio hair was feeling this way, or Moroccan Oil.

Can they products be applied to hair systems, or are do they reign hell on knots?

@Laconian: You mentioned you use Moroccan Oil as your leave in. Do you use the actual oil oil, or some conditioner formulated from Moroccan oil? If you use the oil, how do you use it? I thought something like that would not only harm the knots, but cause the adhesives to de-activate.

I feel some silicone-based serum would be game changing for me. I've heard countless times that these pieces come from the factory with silicone in the hair, something which washing strips away.

I want that new hair feel back as much as possible without compromising the unit.

Dry hair is an absolute b**ch.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dry hair is an absolute b**ch.

Here are my methods on how to moisturize dry hair. My favorite would be number one. I'm sure other members here would have better suggestions.

1. "Caudalie Vinotherapie Divine Oil"
This hair oil can get rid of the dry hair immediately. Place a few drops of oil in the palm and apply the surface of the hair. It cost $35 at Amazon.

2. "It's a 10 live in"
Cost $23 at Amazon.

3. The old method I used before:
Use Silicon mix hair treatment. I don't use this method anymore because I think it causes the hair color to fade faster. Learned from the Youtube ladies.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my methods on how to moisturize dry hair. My favorite would be number one. I'm sure other members here would have better suggestions.

1. "Caudalie Vinotherapie Divine Oil"
This hair oil can get rid of the dry hair immediately. Place a few drops of oil in the palm and apply the surface of the hair. It cost $35 at Amazon.

2. "It's a 10 live in"
Cost $23 at Amazon.

3. The old method I used before:
Use Silicon mix hair treatment. I don't use this method anymore because I think it causes the hair color to fade faster. Learned from the Youtube ladies.

I've learned so much from front lace wearers. I want that fresh factory feel from silicone - one way or another.

Aren't serums silicone based?

Should I just put lube in my hair hahahha

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just don't want to fall prey to buying nonsense, scalp protector for example.

And I just don't believe products developed for hairpieces can be different from those designed for ordinary hair.

I'm sure the ones designed for wigs are, of course, less harsh, to preserve moisture & color - but, get real, how much different can things be?

II.

I was using, I think, a product I thought was a leave-in which really isn't - for months ;)~

A lady friend I complained to about this told me her hair salon had some product demonstration and let me use it.

My hair feels factory again!

Nothing to it!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Leave-in conditioner* btw - failed to mention

My hair feels and looks unusual now, as compared its almost dreadrock appearance hours earlier.

(I was really losing hope in hair pieces....)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just don't want to fall prey to buying nonsense, scalp protector for example.

And I just don't believe products developed for hairpieces can be different from those designed for ordinary hair.

I'm sure the ones designed for wigs are, of course, less harsh, to preserve moisture & color - but, get real, how much different can things be?

II.

I was using, I think, a product I thought was a leave-in which really isn't - for months ;)~

A lady friend I complained to about this told me her hair salon had some product demonstration and let me use it.

My hair feels factory again!

Nothing to it!

@cottonReville what was this product that made your hair feel like new again?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Chi Argan Oil (https://www.amazon.com/CHI-Argan-Oil-fl-oz/dp/B00N30ZWFW). It also has UV protection. I'm satisfied with the product but also keep in mind that I don't use anything else to style my hair and I condition it only once every two weeks and wash it once a month or so. As a daily wearer the system doesn't really need to be washed that often.

Wait, you wash once a month? How often do you redo your tape?