Question Regarding Body hair.

sgtpep

Reaction score
ok, 1st off i need to tell you im Italian....

so as long as i can remember i've never been a real hairy person, which is weird because i come from a long line of hairy Italians.

get this; my arms and legs have little to no hair, my chest is the opposite.

is there a link between low arm/leg hair and male pattern baldness /?

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you could find a correlation as DHT is involved, same with testosterone, but at the end of the day, only DHT and hair follicle sensitivity is what matters, and it's still a complicated issue.

You want my experience?
I'm pretty hairy, except I can't grow a decent beard.
My father and uncles were all very hairy and only my dad went bald
One of my younger brothers barely has any body hair and can grow a cool beard and at the time I started going bald, he has a better hairline than the one I was born with. He also has straight hair while I could almost grow an white-afro if I wanted, now I have curly hair in the donor area and flat hair at the top.

Again, you will probably find a correlation as DHT is involved, but just that

Autumn Sundown

Established Member
Reaction score
I would imagine it has something to do with DHT.
I do notice that many men who go bald young tend to be very hairy. On the other hand, my uncle is the hairiest person i've ever seen in my life. You can barely see the skin through the hair on his chest and back...the beard he can grow is incredible. In spite of this, he had a full, thick head of hair and a woman's hairline until he was in his mid 50's. He's still doesn't have extreme hairloss and I doubt he ever will.

I think hair sensitivity to DHT plays a larger role than the amount of DHT and Testosterone you have.