Question (Receeding or not)

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi im jst wondering because im sure im receeding but its weird one corner is definately thinning, but the other one is still perfectly fine, not thinning/receeding at all, what does this mean? :dunno:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
often one side goes quicker than the other :woot:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Id start applying Rogaine Foam to both temples immeadiately if i were you. Better to lose one then both....

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Dude I dont know what brands you're refering too. Ive only heard of and seen one brand (the one i use).

And it comes in a packet of 3 or 4 like this -->

RogaineFoam3Month1.jpg

and each can looks like this

31X-WxnblFL._AA280_.jpg

just search ebay for it...lots of cheap foam.

Start the foam now and stick with it....its taken 12 months of shedding hell for me to finally reap the rewards of the foam...But its well worth it. Good luck :)

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks lot man btw so when you use the foam do you shed for a while? worse then it already is shedding?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Being on foam is like a roller coaster. This basically occurs because Minoxidil screws with your hairs shedding clock. You will experience months where your hair will look great, then the next 2-3 months can be hell with alot of shedding and your hair could look thinner than ever. (I experienced this and many others on this board also) but this is the most critical time and you must not stop applying the foam. If you ride it out things will improve greatly as it has for me. Unless you're a super fast freaky responder than expect to wait at least 12 months to see a noticable improvement.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
ok thanks for the advice mate, glad you told me that cause i would have probley panicked and stop using it if it made my hair shed worse, btw does this rogaine help, regrow, thicken or strengthen ur hair? do you think its a good product then has it helped your hair alot?

G

Oh jeez

This is pretty useless to answer without pictures. your hairline could just be maturing. Sometimes one side matures faster than the other and as a result it is uneven. But don't assume you're balding just because your hairline is going up. The temples typically recede 3 quarters of an inch with age and the center of the hairline typically recedes half an inch with age. Unless you already see thinning anywhere else, don't start any hair loss product until you've seen a dermatologist.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Oh jeez

This is pretty useless to answer without pictures. your hairline could just be maturing. Sometimes one side matures faster than the other and as a result it is uneven. But don't assume you're balding just because your hairline is going up. The temples typically recede 3 quarters of an inch with age and the center of the hairline typically recedes half an inch with age. Unless you already see thinning anywhere else, don't start any hair loss product until you've seen a dermatologist.

Thanks for the concern man but im sure im receeding as my mom side & my dads side all go bald and very early & its not just my front its starting to thin slight further up then just the front, & just looks very fine.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Being on foam is like a roller coaster. This basically occurs because Minoxidil screws with your hairs shedding clock. You will experience months where your hair will look great, then the next 2-3 months can be hell with alot of shedding and your hair could look thinner than ever. (I experienced this and many others on this board also) but this is the most critical time and you must not stop applying the foam. If you ride it out things will improve greatly as it has for me. Unless you're a super fast freaky responder than expect to wait at least 12 months to see a noticable improvement.
mate do you recommend just starting on fincar for 12 months cus some ppl have said i may not need rogaine like it wont really help?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Thisisme373 said:
mate do you recommend just starting on fincar for 12 months cus some ppl have said i may not need rogaine like it wont really help?

post pictures or what we tell you is pointless

lazarus

Reaction score
libertine said:
often one side goes quicker than the other :woot:

No kidding, my temples don't even remotely resemble each other. One decided to notch out the corner of my hairline and the other decided to diffuse from the widows peak on back and recede my side temple in like a mofo. I used to blame the hairdresser for cutting my hair uneven all the time, but now I realize they probably didn't know what the hell to do with my screwy hairline.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
is mad my one side is still perfectly intact, & the other is fine, limp & further above the corner & looks fine, like u can see my scalp when running my fingers through it