question question

vade

Reaction score
Hello guys this is 2nd month for me using minoxidil..1st month i used Neoxidil(minoxidil). At the start of second month i got a new kind of minoxidil called Gerbiol Minoxidil 2% cause the other one was out of stock, my derm said that i have to take 1 ml morn, and 1ml in the night..On the bottle they say that 7 pressions = 1ml. The thing is that now by the end of month , the bottle which is 60 ml still has 10 ml in it, which should have been finished by now, and i never missed to put minoxidil anytime during that month... so i thought i would increase to 8 pressions next month.. but wanted to take others opinion.... what do u think guys.. and yeah my hair was better last month.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Well it's no big deal- one squirt less, one squirt more- as long as you are not overdoing it. In time, you will not be counting squirts, you will be able to instantly estimate your usual quantity by the looks of it on your scalp.

May I ask, why are you using 2% and not 5%? What do you have to gain?(surely not more hair)

vade

Reaction score
well my hair is still in good shape only my temples have receded but i can tell im losing hair although its not apparent so my derm said that id use minoxidil 2%

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like AS-freak says, I do it by looking at my scalp not by looking at the sprayer/pipet, don't worry about one spray more or less it will make no difference.

SE-freak

Reaction score
vade said:
i have lots of hair

That is serious problem... :)

In all seriousness, do not worry so much about the dosage. Make sure that you get decent coverage with the solution and "hit" the thinning areas hard. Do not obsess about covering every square mm as minoxidil diffuses into the skin layers and eventually reaches the target.

I believe that you could use 5% instead, since you chose to start on minoxidil. I cannot think of any reason why not.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have lots of hair, you may be better off with the dropper tool than the squirter. That way you can place the solution directly on the skin of the area you want.