Question On Derma-rolling Started 8 Weeks Ago

me yes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I am 43 and have been loosing hair gradually. I have no bald spots but thinning on top where its noticeable.

I started finesteride and minoxidle about 14 months ago. I continued to loose little by little so this did not stop it. 8 weeks ago I decided to star dermarolling. I am doing 1.5mm twice a week and 0.5 at night.

Since I started in the last month I have started loosing on top of the head at a fast rate. starting to see some bald spots.

Should I stop dermarolling? Is this normal to loose. I want to blame dermarolling but not sure if its that.

Any thoughts?

joni106

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not use more than once a week in a 1.5 roller.
And if you use once a week then do not use 0.5, too much for the skin.
That's my opinion.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe you are going to hard on your scalp dude.

Once per week should be fine, keep in mind that for regeneration to happen it must go through the different stages of healing

me yes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Yes this week I did last night so will hold back to once a week. When I do it it get me red. But I never do it to the point of bleeding.

I do about 15 times in all three directions.

It stays sensitive for about a couple days.

Am I correct just to get it red?

Thanks for the help!

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a dermastamp.

Did you notice the roller plucking hair? I heared that from a few guys before, and it makes sense with the rolling mechanic.

In general wounding should not lead to shed, maybe for weakened hair. But usually it is expected to keep hair in anagen as it stops hair cycling.

me yes

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is short and so it is not getting tangled in the roller. It just keeps on getting g visually thinner so just worried for some reason it’s the dermarolling.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get a dermastamp.

Did you notice the roller plucking hair? I heared that from a few guys before, and it makes sense with the rolling mechanic.

In general wounding should not lead to shed, maybe for weakened hair. But usually it is expected to keep hair in anagen as it stops hair cycling.

What dermastamp is better for the scalp? the derminator looks fancy and all, but its too f*****g small, it will take ages to cover the scalp with that tiny diameter.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I would cut back to just 1x a week at 1.5-2mm so you can let the scalp heal.