Question: How does the body get rid of DHT?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is there a way dht exist the body and doe sit accumulate in body ? as above...........

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can explain in a layman terms?
by some mechanism the body tags the complex of receptor and dht molecule, the androgen receptor complex and then some enzymes degrade it back to amino acids. then these acids are used to make new proteins. of not bound, the dht will float until it finds a receptor

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
by some mechanism the body tags the complex of receptor and dht molecule, the androgen receptor complex and then some enzymes degrade it back to amino acids. then these acids are used to make new proteins. of not bound, the dht will float until it finds a receptor
So does it mean dht can accumulate in the body over years decades ect?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no definitely not. maybe by a chance a single molecule could but even that I am not sure of.
so lets say for example... a person has MBP.. to dht attaches to hair follicles... after bing attached... does it get removed from the body throught the shedding of hair?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so lets say for example... a person has MBP.. to dht attaches to hair follicles... after bing attached... does it get removed from the body throught the shedding of hair?
it does not work like that. dht attaches to the androgen receptor which resides in the plasma of the cell, then this complex detaches and travels into the cells nucleus where it acts as a transcription factor for various genes. you can imagine this like a guidance telling the machinery which genes to transcript and which not. the product of these genes then causes hair loss through lack of growth or presence of certain death factors. examples are WNT pathway, BNF, hedgehog etc. the androgen receptor complex might then attach to another site for transcription of other genes or it might be collected and degraded to amino acids. what you shed it just dead creatinozytes, former skin cells who's organelles have been total replaced by ceratine during the process of hair growth