Question for Michael Barry

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey,
have you been using the essential oils therapy? I bought all the oils and figured i'd give it a shot..
I used 3 drops lavender oil, 3 drops rosemary oil, 3 drops sage oil, 2 drops thyme oil, and 2 drops cedarwood oil. Mix it in 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil since i didnt bother getting a bottle of grapeseed oil..(i doubt this would matter).

wondering if you decided to experiment with this stuff as well..i got my amounts of oil to use from that scottish study. what are your opinions on this as a treatment

michael barry

Reaction score
Ive been using cedarwood oil in ethanol at about a two percent concentration on my chin to see if its an anti-androgen.........seems to be working some, but will know in a couple of more months

i'd like to see a mix of cedarwood, thyme, rosemary, and lavender tried for androgenic alopecia in a study...............i have a feeling that they would be helpful---they certainly are for alopecia areata and that is now beyond doubt

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
Ive been using cedarwood oil in ethanol at about a two percent concentration on my chin to see if its an anti-androgen.........seems to be working some, but will know in a couple of more months

i'd like to see a mix of cedarwood, thyme, rosemary, and lavender tried for androgenic alopecia in a study...............i have a feeling that they would be helpful---they certainly are for alopecia areata and that is now beyond doubt

what do you think about minoxidil in conjunction with the essential oils..will using one mess with the absorption of another?
id like to use both minoxidil and essential but i dont know which to use first and if i should wait a certain amount of time before using the other

what are your opinions from what youve read ?