Question for HairLossTalk.com & others who are into topical DHT inhib

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

Sorry to bother you, but you seem like the only person on here who is knowledgeable about both Crinagen and Revivogen.

I wanted your opinion as to which has better scientific backing. I went to Dr. Razack's website, and it seems as though Crinagen has everything Revivogen does, plus a few additional ingredients. However, Crinagen is cheaper. What gives here?

I emailed the makers of Revivogen and asked them the same question. Their sales rep or whatever told me that Revivogen has more ingredients than Crinagen, such as fatty acids. I emailed her back and told her this wasn't true, that the new formula has fatty acids and everything else in Revivogen. She then said Revivogen has a better delivery system. I feel like I'm not going to get a straight answer from her (she is barely coherent anyway - horrible grammar and spelling).

Does Revivogen have a better delivery system than Crinagen? Is this why Revivogen has 4 stars and Crinagen only 3? Or is this due to user feedback or to an outdated comparison between Revivogen and the original Crinagen formula?

I'm really interested in adding a topical DHT inhibitor to my current minoxidil/spironolactone regimen. I'm using Xandrox, but I'm not too convinced of the efficacy of azelaic acid in vivo. So it's a toss up between:
1) Revivogen
2) Crinagen
3) Zix (sorry but it's cheap and has great user feedback)
4) topical dutasteride
5) topical finasteride

There's just too many damn options!! Grrrrrr! :evil:

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
good questions

wish I had the answers

I too have looked at some info in Crinagen and it seems like a good treatment. Topical dutasteride should be an awesome treatment but the question is does it work topically and would you still get systemic absorption?

I'm still taking my oral finast but lowered dose to around .6mg/day. Doing spironolactone solution/cream at night 5x/week and xandrox in am.

I think the azelaic probably gives some benefit, but I dont think its as good as topical spironolactone or possibly topical dutasteride

G

you get systemic absorption from anything put into the skin but the thing is you need to get the dose right so that by the time its gone through the scalp there isnt enough there to do anything...

revivogen is just pants, anyone seen their attempt at "consumer trials"?
a consumer trial is what a company does when their product doesnt perform in clinical trials.

G

Hollywood said:
you get systemic absorption from anything put into the skin but the thing is you need to get the dose right so that by the time its gone through the scalp there isnt enough there to do anything...

r

You cannot assert that for ALL topicals, or minoxidil would not be effective (which it is). Having said that, it IS THE ONLY topical that is FDA approved for hair loss. Yet, there are many fans of topical spironolactone and the like, here on this website.

G

i dont know what you quoted me like that for i didnt say topicals werent effective.

the fact that minoxidil causes heart problems shows that even though it is applied topically you get systemic side effects. the point that brucey boy missed was that its only better to apply topically is when by the time the substance has done its business in the scalp there wont be enough of it left to effect the rest of the body.

G

Hollywood said:
i dont know what you quoted me like that for i didnt say topicals werent effective..

Let's see, you should study tenses, sentence stucture, the use of periods.....Oh, forget it! Just do the whole English program over again!

henry

Reaction score
I would start with zix. 1) it's cheaper than dirt to try. 2) the feedback coming in over the last month is stronger and more positive than any feedback I have ever read from Crinagen or Reviogen, IMO. 3) Speaking from 4 months of consistent zix use, I've never used a product you didnt have to pay some-else to mass produce; is so eays to apply;....and best of all, after 8 years of male pattern baldness that has left me with about half of the hair I had, my loss has stabiliized and now I only lose what a non-male pattern baldness person loses.
I've also a had a little bit of regrowth in the front, but not much.

Do yourself a favor, save the cash for the time being and try out zix for four months. If your not satisfied after the initial trial run, spend the money on the "name brand" topicals and start all over again.