question for drinkrum

hopewas

Reaction score
http://www.bodybuilding.com./store/opt/whey.html

why is this protein powder mix so cheap for 10 pounds of it? is it effective or does it not work as well as others which makes it cheap to buy 10 pounds of it? thanks in advance for any info..by the way..11 dollars for shipping and handling..and it has ups ground shipping for only 6 dollars..and they take the same time to get to you.. i don't get why everyone doesn't choose ups ground over priority

drinkrum

Reaction score
Optimum is good stuff. If you want to splurge and get more than just protein powder, get Nitro-Tech's stuff. But for just protein, Optimum is as good as it gets. I know a lot of pro. bodybuilders that use it, and some people that swear by it. In fact, there is a Web site that corroborates this:

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/prote ... arison.htm

D.

P.S. I think UPS is less reliable. But USPS is, in my experience, just as bad.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
bah. as long as its whey it doesnt matter. I go for taste. Personally, Muscle Provider tastes the best and it just happens to be one of the best. It's all in nutrition anyway. I know bodybuilders that dont even use protein shakes.

hopewas

Reaction score
thanks guys. i'm shipping it ups ground though.. any idea how long it will take to receive it? i'm also ordering biotin and saw palmetto since it's pretty cheap there.. that bodybuilding site is reliable though right?

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
yea bodybuilding.com is reliable. I have heard Optimum nutrition uses fillers in their whey (to add density). They were discussing this at wannabebigforums.com

The stuff I use has exceeded (what it's label states) in the lab :rockon:
In all honesty, it doesnt really matter. I did hear optimum tastes like chalk. Anyway, I recommend post workout 1 scoop w/water.

Right before bed, have 1 scoop with some milk. That way sleeping will be less catabolic. I wouldnt exceed 3 scoops a day. Probably over kill

hopewas

Reaction score
i wanted to just do one scoop a day.. but i'll do 2.. anyways, i ordered 10 pounds of whey protein from that site. i never saw a container for 10 pounds at any health store.. do they send two 5 pound containers or something?

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
i wanted to just do one scoop a day.. but i'll do 2.. anyways, i ordered 10 pounds of whey protein from that site. i never saw a container for 10 pounds at any health store.. do they send two 5 pound containers or something?

probably one container. When I order my dextrose it comes in a huge bucket. 2 a day is fine. one post workout, one before bed

drinkrum

Reaction score
It'll come in a big 10-lb Zip-Loc type bag. When I got it, I emptied it out into two old Optimum 5-lb buckets I had laying around. Bodybuilding.com is great -- their customer service is fantastic too.

Out of experience, I use Optimum and have had good results and so have my friends using it. I've tried the other more expensive stuff, and it's not really worth it. Like I said, I don't want to be huge -- I prefer to keep my weight and body fat % down. Bulkiness kinda makes you slower and speed is very important to me.

D.

hopewas

Reaction score
if i leave it in that 10 pound zip lock bag, will it go bad...and how strong is this zip lock bag? it's not going to rip because of the weight is it?

drinkrum

Reaction score
No, it won't go bad. When you see the bag you'll know what I mean -- it feels like it's got a layer of Kevlar on it. Just keep the bag closed (like you would do with dog food, if you have dogs) and you'll be in great shape.

D.

drinkrum

Reaction score
No problem hope.

When you get your 10-lber, you're probably going to have to go fishin' for that plastic scooper. I recommend just digging your hands in until you find it. I think they put it on top of the protein usually, but is shifts during shipping.

D.

hopewas

Reaction score
if it does, i'll just use the scooper from the 2 pound i bought the other day..i go to the gym 6 times a week.. how long do you think the 10 pounds of protein mix will last?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Depends on how many times you use it. :)

Just check the label -- it should say how many scoops there are in the whole bag. When the bag gets light or you can see the bottom, just order a refill.

D.