question for Alpunk1

Reaction score
I have noticed that you are very attactive on this forum and because of that i think of you as a guru of hairloss...hahahahah. anyways i wanted your input about my current situation. do you think finasteride is working (someone who only takes finasteride) if they suffer from gyno issues? i read here that if someone has gyno a person can feel something hard on their chest but i can't so iam thinking its excess fat and if i lose some weight it would subside. What do you think about this gyno issues? Also, would you consider someone losing about 20-30 hairs a day suffering from shedding?

Also, to all those who use generic fin….i seriously question the effectiveness of generic finasteride. When I first started to fight my hairloss I took the genuine finasteride for about a year and all was good. I was happy and never gave my hairloss a second thought. Then the following year I bought a one year supply of generic finasteride. I took it for a year thinking it was working but then after about 8 months on generic finasteride I realized that I was no longer having itchy nipples like I was having on the genuine propecia. I assume that the side effect subsided and that I was on the clear. After my one year supply of gen. finasteride was gone I bought a one year supply of REAL proscar from Canada for 156.00 US and I started to have itchy nipples again. Also I find these thin weak hairs and that translate into the fact that the generic finasteride was not working. From all my readings it takes months for a hair to go from thick to thin and my hair was thinning for that entire year and I was taking a PLACEBO. I barely lost any hair but it has stared to thin out a bit. Well I have to undo all the damage that was done while taking that generic finasteride for a whole year and after about three months on real proscar I am seeing some regrowth. I can see little sprouts on my temples and receding hairline and I think my hair has gotten thicker. But I am losing some hairs on my back and sides, the parts that shouldn’t be effected by male pattern baldness. Does real finasteride make you lose hair on those parts because two years on propecia this never happened.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey man,
I'll try to help you, but I'm in no way a medical professional. I only know about finasteride and dutasteride because I've used both. I can pretty much guarantee you that *if* someone develops gynocomastia after starting finasteride therapy, that finasteride is DEFINITELY working.

Place your hands under the nipples and feel for a lump. You have to feel deep inside the tissue. Is there a lump?

You most likely don't have gyno, and are probably just worrying. :)

I have a bit of excess fat on my chest and stomache (probably from the upregulation of testosterone to estrogen from the dutasteride), but it's really nothing to worry about.

Some good cardio exercise will take care of that.

If you STILL cannot get the fat off your chest, then see a doctor about a proper diagnosis.