Question about swiss lace and knots

notyet.234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I just received my first hair system from Lavivid. It's a full Swiss lace color brown #3, quality of hair is very good, hairline look very natural.

First : i was wondering, once installed, do we see all the knots on the top of the scalp, hair line is bleached, but the top look awful.. ? Could I bleach them (if yes, any tutorial). Anyone will to show my a picture of his actual Swiss lace from top of the head ?

Second, when ordering, what's the different vs the color of the hair and ASH color ?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Knots are usually bleached at the hairline, as a rule, as on the rest of the system, they are really not visible once the system is on your head, and styled.

2. It's the tone. As opposed to a more red tone that these colors can have if they were non-ash.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats light density alright. I see what you mean about the knots... especially when you part the hair like the pics. Try a hair style that does not have a big long part.

As a beginner, i would not try bleaching, but if you are loosing sleep over it, maybe just do the part area...google "how to bleach knots" and you'll see tons of videos and instructions

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Overall system look thin i think. It’s supposed to be at 90% density. What do you think overall of the system, look legit ?

Hairline look natural but knots are really visible. Do you thinks they’ll become invisible once installed ?

Is there any DIY to bleach them ?
That system is crazy light, like 70%. That is why you claim to see the knots. Can you return it?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought it from Lavivid, I requested a refund. No answer yet.
Just wondering, what density did you order, medium-light is the standard. Percentages vary from factory to factory (you would think that THIS was the standard, percentages that is, but it isn't).

notyet.234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering, what density did you order, medium-light is the standard. Percentages vary from factory to factory (you would think that THIS was the standard, percentages that is, but it isn't).
It was suppose to be 90% density (medium light)

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Overall system look thin i think. It’s supposed to be at 90% density. What do you think overall of the system, look legit ?

Hairline look natural but knots are really visible. Do you thinks they’ll become invisible once installed ?

Is there any DIY to bleach them ?
oha. It looks like a system Sean Connery would use in his 70´s. Picture 1 there is almost no hair at all. I don´t know if U want it that way.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered that same system recently at 90% too but it’s no where as light as your system! That looks like 80 or 70%

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like the advertised density for Hd111..possibly take a hairline picture with same angle as you did in your first post so we can compare with helios system, but looks better to me. The crown for light density always looks thinnest area...but at least you don't have the knots showing (as was the case for helios)

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like the thinskin has 5% more density than your other one...helios advertised 80 or 90%..which one you ordered...at least you don't see the knots ..

I just ordered the 90% helios in 1b80 on uniwigs (apparently same as lavivid and newhair) to try it out. 8 weeks processing..will see compared to other suppliers how this goes

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here we go :)
Typically you can't go by how it looks uninstalled. My 1st Swiss lace, I though was essentially bald When I held it up to the light.... Once installed it looked great.

You don't want to have ridiculously thick hair unless you have the temples, sides, and back to support it.... Which most wearers don't.