Question about stopping then starting propecia again.

cantosis

Reaction score
HI

I was on propecia almost 6 months solid. I didnt get any side effects except for the early stages, But I have stopped taking propecia for a month as I was quite ill for a few weeks and thought it would be best to stop it.

I am fine now and have just started re-taking it. My question is would the month I didnt take it have any big effect on how the treatment was working.....would it be like starting from scratch again?

In the 5 months I didnt notice much different except maybe a slowing down of the hair loss.

bombscience

Reaction score
cantosis said:
HI

I was on propecia almost 6 months solid. I didnt get any side effects except for the early stages, But I have stopped taking propecia for a month as I was quite ill for a few weeks and thought it would be best to stop it.

I am fine now and have just started re-taking it. My question is would the month I didnt take it have any big effect on how the treatment was working.....would it be like starting from scratch again?

In the 5 months I didnt notice much different except maybe a slowing down of the hair loss.

For about 1-3 weeks nothing was inhibiting DHT in your body, therefore any hairfollices that were affected by this will be subject to some "damage". Otherwise you should be the MONEY, baby.

stryker

Reaction score
Canatosis - Did you, or anyone else, experience any fallout during the month you were off?

I ask b/c I was on finasteride for 4.5 months and ran out. I had some good results but attributed it to the minoxidil I'd been using for 6 months so I didn't reorder any finasteride. Well, 4 weeks later and I've gone through a MAJOR shed where I've lost alot.

Needless to say I'm getting back on finasteride this week

cantosis

Reaction score
stryker said:
Canatosis - Did you, or anyone else, experience any fallout during the month you were off?

I ask b/c I was on finasteride for 4.5 months and ran out. I had some good results but attributed it to the minoxidil I'd been using for 6 months so I didn't reorder any finasteride. Well, 4 weeks later and I've gone through a MAJOR shed where I've lost alot.

Needless to say I'm getting back on finasteride this week

No I didnt really notice any shed. To be honest I am not sure if its doing anything for me, I have to give it longer but I am not sure....maybe it is stopping my hair loss as I dont find much hair in the shower these days.

chris21

Reaction score
That same type of experience happened to me. I started losing my hair again. hasn't stopped yet