question about stopping rogaine

SRS

Reaction score
I have been on propecia for about 6 months now and rogaine for about 7 weeks. I went to the dermatologist 7 weeks ago asking her about starting the rogaine and she told me it would be beneficial. However, after 7 weeks i developed intense itching and went back, where she told me I should stop applying the rogaine.

I am starting to notice good results at the temples and hairline, (the dermatologist even said "wow" when i showed her)but am worried that stopping the rogaine would reverse the good results i have been starting to notice. The dermatologist told me that the new hair was most likely because of the propecia because rogaine takes 2 months before most people start to see results, and even then its almost like peach fuzz.

My question is that, will quitting rogaine at this time make me lose what ive started to gain back? or is 7 weeks not enough time for rogaine to have that much effect on my hair and thus it wont be that big of a problem?

thanks

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
It will hurt you if the hair was def grown from the Rogaine....u should either think about maybe applying it in lower doses, using it combined with Retin-A, or maybe a lower % of it. Also what shampoo are u using.....use Nizoral/T-Gel/Head and Shoulders, if you want to stop the itching...if it continues refer back t o my other ideas

SRS

Reaction score
I tried a few shampoos to try and calm it down (head and shoulders, and other dandruff shampoos) but nothing seemed to work. I am definantly starting to see regrowth at the temples, and almost positive its from propecia. Rogaine takes 2 months, and i was still a week or two short from that....
I am just worried about the fall out people see a few months later after stopping rogaine. I am just worried that stopping at 7 weeks will cause this, as getting results from propecia and then having it fall out agian because of the rogaine would be upsetting. If it shouldnt fall out, i dont see any point in keeping up the rogaine because of the good propecia results.
Thanks....

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You probably should not stop taking Rogaine because you will see a big shedding when you stop using it. You may want to use Nizoral 2% to stop the itching if Rogaine is giving you that. I don't think you will see result in only 7 wees of using Rogaine.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
If your getting intense itching, then use Dr Lees Xandrox instead

SRS

Reaction score
But, i havent seen results from rogaine...thus my hair hasnt gotten dependent on it, right? Thats what im hoping at least....
I guess im looking for people who have quit rogaine after this relatively short amount of time and if they could share if they had a shed after a few months of not taking it.